What the Hell is happening to Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall at the beginning of the season when Naisy was slotting for fun. I was watching Mourinho when we played Chelsea at Goodison and he kept whispering to his off-sider every time Naisy was on the ball. To be honest, I am surprised Chelsea didn't come for him in the Jan window. But their loss is our gain. I would be tempted to rest Rom and have Naisy up front. I appreciate we would lose a lot of our midfield creativity, but there are few better finishers in the PL.
What do others think about resting Rom?

Not sure what you mean, I'm talking about the tika taka from last season which quite a few complained about.

You see thats a myth, last season we played quite direct attacking football, im not saying it was long ball city, people complained at the start, after the 3 draws, but after we played quite fluid attacking football.

This season we have slowed it right down and almost every move breaks down at the edge of the oppos penalty box.

It was not a misfortunate we dished the last few games, the spot was ours to keep hold of luck had nothing to do with it.

Think you are mostly right here mate. I also recall a few injuries hampered us a bit. I think Bobby learned a lot from our finishing off of last season and, as we are getting a hint of now, I think our form will peak for the very last game. Of course, this forecast is predicated on Naisy staying fit. If he is not in the team (ie through injury-Bobby loves him more than I do...if that's possible), then all bets are off

Nah. Selective memory there Dave. Had his (many) faults, but we played some good stuff at times. And he signed cloggers like Baines, Coleman, Kev, Piennar, Stones and Billy didnt he?

*cue list of yard dogs from Dave*

I am with you about 95% in this discussion, but Moyes could get teams playing football. But at times his natural caution got the upper hand.

But anyrate, watching this with interest.

I think the fact we can count the number of games Moyes let good players off the leash to play sone good football says it all about him.

He'll basically be remembered for two things as far as I'm concerned: 5 across midfield, and shuffling the ball to the halfway line and launching long diagonal balls to the edge of the opposition box.

I think it was said at the time that he's an analogue manager in a digital age.

I think the fact we can count the number of games Moyes let good players off the leash to play sone good football says it all about him.

He'll basically be remembered for two things as far as I'm concerned: 5 across midfield, and shuffling the ball to the halfway line and launching long diagonal balls to the edge of the opposition box.

I think it was said at the time that he's an analogue manager in a digital age.
Agree mate. I do not think there is any one on this forum who doesn't think Martinez is a much better manager. Sure, there might be one or two who have raised the issue of possible 'second season syndrome' but every forum has dissenters. Anyway, the football we have played and are playing is still lovely on the eye, it's just a bit of bad luck that we are not competing for those top 4 spots. Certainly, our league position belies our quality. And no-one thinks Bobby isn't on top of everything.

Agree mate. I do not think there is any one on this forum who doesn't think Martinez is a much better manager. Sure, there might be one or two he have raised the issue of possible 'second season syndrome' but every forum has dissenters. Anyway, the football we have played and are playing is still lovely on the eye, it's just a bit of bad luck that we are not competing for those top 4 spots. Certainly, our league position belies our quality. And no-one thinks Bobby isn't on top of everything.

Really?

This season we have slowed it right down and almost every move breaks down at the edge of the oppos penalty box.

I honestly think it's down to having just one real attacking mid in Naismith. All of our other central midfielders are defensive minded and it's in their nature to put a foot on it in favour of retention over instinctive forward passing.

Barkley has flashes of instinct, but more so in a solo respect, anyway, I'm sure he's mentioned before he prefers defensive mid but has been told he's not going to get a game there!

...therefore the way to play against us is to block the wings, job done.

this thread is infested by mighty red men
We need a purge mate.

DF307D6AFC1052101360910495744_1072aab2118.4.7.8827085736520660075.mp4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.