We've been here before...so what happens next ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fandjango

Once a blue always a....
It seems to me that for the last few seasons we have been in a state of optimism at this stage of the season. Notorious slow starters ....over achievers....every season it seems the same.
Something happens between now and the start of next season to turn us back into tightrope walking breath holding disappointing mid tablers ?
I predict this time it's going to be better......I feel good in fact I feel great about the January signings .......
How about you? Any predictions about what's going to happen over the next 3 months ?

we'll have a pre season in some far away continent against teams that play at the same calibre as Leyton Orient and we'll get smashed for the first few months of the season.

Play good teams >>> Beat good teams >>> start season with confidence

i hate this over-achievers ****, how can a team overachieve for 10 years, we finish where we rightly deserve to finish its no fluke if you keep doing it every season, just because we have no money doesnt mean we should be fighting relegation every year.

Too right TJ, how can we overachieve every year? That ******** lawro wound me up last night saying after our game that we played well because we were safe but was happy to take about the redshoite and their championship credentials. We're a****ingbove them for moylezes sake

7th 'overachieving'. Nil Satis Nil Forfcuksake.

Next season: slow *start* that lasts to Christmas...at which point, when all the pressure to have a really decent season is off the manager and players, they summon up enough courage to climb to the dizzy heights of 7th or 8th in the table.

Next season: slow *start* that lasts to Christmas...at which point, when all the pressure to have a really decent season is off the manager and players, they summon up enough courage to climb to the dizzy heights of 7th or 8th in the table.

its because his tactis don't change and its not until we get injuries or new players by January that he changes them and we win games

its because his tactis don't change and its not until we get injuries or new players by January that he changes them and we win games

...I'd add that, for the last two seasons, it's about mid-season point also that the Euro games start to tell on our opposition and they have to use squad players to save legs for upcoming games in the EL/CL or are goosed after one of those games.

The season we finished 4th we started off really well and were right up there and there was a lot of talk about Champions League and all that, then we limped over the finish line and just made 4th.

I reckon Moyes realised then he just couldn't handle the pressure so from then on he's happy to just get enough points on the board before Christmas that we won't be relegated but far away enough from the top 4 that he doesn't have to try and handle the pressure that will come from being up near top of the league and expectations that come with it.

He's a happy medium manager and content for us to be talked about as "punching above our weight" and "aren't little Everton doing well" as opposed to "can Everton stay in the top 3 and make the Champions League where they'll have to face giants of the European game".

Status
Not open for further replies.