West Brom v Everton. 20th Jan at 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we got a point but the point is how did bobby not see that Osman was struggling the whole game it was like paying with ten men?

we looked like we'd spent a week on the ale and kebabs.
Subs were needed at around 60 mins.
I cant believe we let them back into that after the string of chances we had in the first half.

Credit to the Baggies for their commitment and sly digs to put us off our game. They could / should have won that in the end. They made the right subs at the right time too, including bringing on Cheebs to hold it up for them and the other 2 to maintain their tempo to the finish.

It's so easy to forget Lukaku is 20 years old. The lad needs someone to share the load up front so hopefully Traore can do that.

I don't think lukaku has been playing great but don't think he has been as bad as some are making out. If you actually watch him he is making some great runs off the ball and it's not his fault we are not picking out the right pass. It seems they only want to pass to him by firing at him to hold up which is by far the worst part of his game. Some of the things we have come to expect this season were missing tonight and that was a worry. I will never understand how Osman is starting, even with the injuries we have, he is just too weak and slow to start games these days.

Last edited:

You cant look past the injuries to key players really. No surprise that the area we are struggling most in for bodies (attack) is were we broke down so much. Missed Pienaar a lot and his ability to just keep hold of the ball, win a fk etc. That being said, I was a little disappointed by the lack of desire to win at the end. No urgency from anyone other than Mirallas, first time you can accuse us of that under Martinez.

that really did my head in, baines trotting over to take a throw in th 90th minute, he should be sprinting to it, kev was the only one who looked cheesed off with how we were playing against utter garbage

Only thing I'm arsed about is Coleman.

Off day and we get a point.

Happy with that.

trouble is, we have got 1 point 9 times this season. Excluding the Arsenal draw and possibly the Derby, that is ALOT of off-days considering we have only played 22 times...ie about 1 game in three we have an off day...MUST DO BETTER in the final third of the season. The thinness of our squad is impacting badly

[/B]

that really did my head in, baines trotting over to take a throw in th 90th minute, he should be sprinting to it, kev was the only one who looked cheesed off with how we were playing against utter garbage

I think that's the exact moment which wound me up as well.

People need to calm down, yeahh we didn't play well but we got a point away from home, how many times have we played bad this season? not many at all.

We've played poorer and won and played better and lost. Swings and roundabouts, but even against Palace, we didn't resort to Lumping it up!

Could really do with another two in. Need Barkley back for next week, and hopefully Coleman is back for the derby. Got a dreadful feeling it'll be a month or so though.

As for Ossie, he was dreadful tonight. So was Baines. Mirallas and Oviedo played well, but went missing 2nd half. Need a decent win at Stevenage now (Oviedo at RB?) and go into the derby firing. Make or break week for the season coming up now, without being too dramatic!

Status
Not open for further replies.