Weather Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much of football is about timing. They’re flying at the moment and we’re taking baby steps from being awful towards being half decent.

Don’t let the last 2 games fool you, we played 2 sides in awful form at home and got reasonable wins. Had West Ham scored that pen/cross bar chance and/or Huddersfield got an early goal and those games would’ve been a lot different. Thankfully they weren’t and we put 6 points on the board.

The level of performance in our last 2 games will see us soundly beaten tomorrow. To get a result we’d have to be perfect defensively, we’d need a stormer of a game from Pickford and we’d also need a massive slice of luck. That’s just to nick a 0-0/1-1 draw. We are going to the in-form team in the country who are absolutely flying. Not to mention they are our bogey team and we haven’t won there in 18 years.

If the game tomorrow was called off and rescheduled for say Feb I’d be made up. It’d give us time to do the following:
1) big Sam would have the team drilled to within an inch of their lives. We’d be much better prepared.
2) we will have our Jan transfers (if there are any) in the club by then. Maybe a decent new cb, maybe a left back, maybe even a proper striker!
3) our injured players will be back. I’d fancy us more in a derby with bolassie, Coleman, and maybe Barkley in the team.
4) Liverpool might not be in such good form in a couple of months. Maybe they’ll have some injury or fatigue problems of their own.

So much of football and sport and life in general is about timing. The reasons above are why we need a last minute pardon/stay of execution.

Long story short: I’m praying for snow in the northwest tonight/tomorrow morning! Be safe everyone and wrap up warm if it does go ahead.

...I understand the point, but we don’t know if the timing might be better after Christmas. Evertonians aren’t deluded, we watch our footy and know had we not got through those 20mins against West Ham it could’ve been different. The timing was right for us to play West Ham and Huddersfield as we implemented the new manager. The timing might not be right tomorrow, but we need to get difficult games out of the way.

flake-600x400.jpg

...I understand the point, but we don’t know if the timing might be better after Christmas. Evertonians aren’t deluded, we watch our footy and know had we not got through those 20mins against West Ham it could’ve been different. The timing was right for us to play West Ham and Huddersfield as we implemented the new manager. The timing might not be right tomorrow, but we need to get difficult games out of the way.
I respect your point but I have to disagree.

More then anything we need to be confident going into Newcastle and Swansea. 6 points from those 2 games and I don’t think we’ll look down the table to see whose 3 points away from us for the rest of the season. I think it’d be a slow and steady climb to 7th.

If we get a hiding tomorrow confidence will be shot. We’ll be nervous going into the next games and the whole Christmas period. We don’t want that. Right now I believe good results against opposition we can beat is what we need. Let the big games come later when we’re fully out of trouble and can play with freedom. By then we’ll have big players back playing, we’ll have new signings and big Sam with have fully implemented his boring but albeit effective style of play.

To be fair there’s no way of knowing what would be the better game to play because we’ll never see the other option. But if the game does go ahead I’d absolutely love a win/to be proved wrong. You’d never see a man happier to eat a slice of “I was wrong” humble pie.

COYB!

4) Liverpool might not be in such good form in a couple of months. Maybe they’ll have some injury or fatigue problems of their own.

Good point, this. Can see them burning out by Feb, no side can press and play the way do so frantically for an entire season. Swear Klopp’s sides always have this issue, the Bart Simpson teeth coloured tit.

Play the game, those South Americans will hate it. Ok the Norwegian supporters will feel right at home, and will no doubt be wearing silly hats, but Big Sam will see us through............

Good point, this. Can see them burning out by Feb, no side can press and play the way do so frantically for an entire season. Swear Klopp’s sides always have this issue, the Bart Simpson teeth coloured tit.

He's been a bit smarter this season though and rotated a lot more. Whether that's enough to sustain anything I'm not sure mate but it looks to me like they will be pushing the top 4 again.

I'll be honest, I think they'll smash us tomorrow mate because 3 wins doesn't hide the fact that for nigh on 4 months we've been absolutely crap. The minute Allardyce walked through the door imo was us waving the white flag for the season and it's a case of grabbing whatever points we can when we can. I don't think that anyone who was panicking about relegation and saying Allardyce is the answer can expect us then to go their and get a win.

Certainly my expectaton has totally changed that's for sure. I'd be delighted to see an Everton side go there tomorrow and if they do win, make sure it's the toughest 3 points they've had to earn this season.

A point for us imo would be a superb return, a win......well I'd be stuck on the ceiling for a few hours put it that way.

Does anyone else keep looking out the window looking/hoping for snow?

Not going to bed before I see enough for a snowman.

Can't believe blues who actually want this to go ahead tomorrow.... Like I love the positive spin, but c'mon, for obvious reasons it's in our best interest if this game doesn't go ahead for a month or two lol

Does anyone else keep looking out the window looking/hoping for snow?

Not going to bed before I see enough for a snowman.

Can't believe blues who actually want this to go ahead tomorrow.... Like I love the positive spin, but c'mon, for obvious reasons it's in our best interest if this game doesn't go ahead for a month or two lol
It’s not snowing till 5am.

I’m on Queens Drive so I’m not a million miles away from the football grounds.

If it’s gonna be snowed off we won’t know till tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.