We miss Gareth Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand the logic in letting him move on at the time.

I don't think we miss him as such. I think we badly miss Barkley. Schneiderlin and Gueye aren't bad players at all, but they're badly exposed without that link player that drifts into gaps and is a ball carrier.

Couldn't agree more. We do miss Barry, but at the time I wasn't arsed. We are dying for someone who can take the ball and carry it upfield, you're so right. Barkley, for all of his inconsistency is the one guy who can make something out of nothing and we desperately need that right now.

I always thought he slowed you down (In his latter years of course). I know, he's a very experienced and good at keeping the ball etc, but, in some games (especially v Liverpool) they were just running past him at will and his lack of sharpness, often put you in trouble. Didn't have the legs to get around the pitch.

Wasn't mobile enough, which is to be expected at his age. Still, I'd like to see him and Cattermole having a race lol That would be - ermmm, interesting!
That position is about the stuff you mention he is good at. Good mobility and that role don't mash too well, means you're doing something wrong ie poor positional sense.

Barry wouldn't have got a game the way Schneiderlin was playing last season. He just isn't the same player this year for some reason. I hope he gets his act together asap.

don't see how we do miss him, the second half of last season after we brought morgan in he didn't play as much and we were still winning loads of games ( albeit at home )

what we do miss is that "lazy" feller who bagged us 25 goals, and our organisation in defence

tumblr_nrr70xKYyl1rby04wo1_400.gif

Barry was a great passer on the counter attack, but if you think we are getting slaughtered now, imagine how bad it would be if he was back in the team. He knew when to foul, but he was a huge liability in most games. Teams ran laps around him constantly and forced us even deeper than we already are.

We also miss Lukaku, Barkley, Coleman....we even miss Funis Mori...you could even argue that we miss Kone on some levels (I don't care what anyone says, Kone is a better footballer than Niasse). We'll know things are really bad when we miss Cleverly.

We also miss Lukaku, Barkley, Coleman....we even miss Funis Mori...you could even argue that we miss Kone on some levels (I don't care what anyone says, Kone is a better footballer than Niasse). We'll know things are really bad when we miss Cleverly.
We don't miss Cleverly or Kone ...........You're just being silly !

Status
Not open for further replies.