Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its been clear that he could just sit the year out at United and cost them about 12M in wages. This way they save 6M - seems like a good deal for them. He doesn't want to go to China and no one else would pay him 250 a week. This is a sound financial move all around - he is worth 125 a week to us in pr and name recognition going forward. The selling shirts argument....
Again, that's more a reason why UTD would want shut.

Just looking at his stats from last season on whoscored.com. Compared him with Barkley as they played mostly in similar positions last season and there's actually very little between them.

5 goals and 5 assists from 21 starts and 13 sub appearances! Barkley had the same goals and 3 more assists - in almost twice the amount of game time!

Ross dribbles more and more key passes but Rooney has slightly better pass completion, dispossessed less and roughly half as many poor touches per game. As Rooney was the more peripheral figure last season, often played out wide, these stats are very surprising. Here's the comparison of their attacking contributions:

screenshot_www_whoscored_com_2017_07_05_15_45_31.png

All three of those players had shown in the preceding seasons that they could still perform at the same standard. None of the three are known for their pace/dynamism as being a massive part of their game. Pirlo is another one seeing as you are listed great older players who have nothing in common with Rooney and his position in football currently.
Not listing just setting up a vault session for the end of season festivities. Obviously staunchly against Rooney. Different managers come in move him to midfield still scores double figures, mourinho comes in plays nine defenders and ibra up front and rooney gets the blame for suddenly turning [Poor language removed]. See you next year my friend.

I can only see him being off the boil this last half of the season. Could be because he knew he was on his way out? Anyway season before last he schooled us good style in the semi final.

This was a game where our team famously didn't bother in the first half because they had a strop on because of the manager though.

Each to their own, I think he has looked an absolute shadow of himself for a good two years personally, maybe even longer.

It doesn't make sense to UTD when they could get him completely off their books now instead of paying him his wage or a part of for a year and then losing him for free then. If Rooney is committed to Everton he should be signing a permanent deal. as is, it looks like he won't take a pay cut to play here, he won't commit to longer than a year to play here, he's using us to try and get in the England team and he will more than likely match his UTD wage in 12 months when he will be free to go where he wants. That will be interesting, especially if he's still wanted here at that point.

Get him off the books, where?

He doesnt fancy China and he wouldnt get paid enough in the MLS.

Hes probably told them he wont go anywhere but Everton or he will just stay there, hes playing the game, so United can either get somebody else to pay half his wages or pay somebody 300k a week to train 5 days a week.

Get him off the books, where?

He doesnt fancy China and he wouldnt get paid enough in the MLS.

Hes probably told them he wont go anywhere but Everton or he will just stay there, hes playing the game, so United can either get somebody else to pay half his wages or pay somebody 300k a week to train 5 days a week.
Or give him a free transfer.

Crazy that we even have to pay 125k for him (madness that united are paying him 125k on top of that) .

We have won the cup for having the most highly paid bench player.

Liverpool and other fans will think this whole this is hilarious.

The new everton still relying on the big teams cast offs and over the hill stars.
I don't want to sign the lad but I don't for a minute care what that lot think.

Not listing just setting up a vault session for the end of season festivities. Obviously staunchly against Rooney. Different managers come in move him to midfield still scores double figures, mourinho comes in plays nine defenders and ibra up front and rooney gets the blame for suddenly turning [Poor language removed]. See you next year my friend.

You won't if he is any good....

I confess to feeling somewhat aroused by the idea of his return. The terms are important to him and the club finances really. Once he pulls on a blue shirt he is our player and should be supported. This is just a further sign we mean business this year. Footy is entertainment and this deal will offer that.

Status
Not open for further replies.