VFL Wolfsburg Vs. Everton FC - Europa League Grp H - Thursday 27th Nov - 18:00KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately all our fringe players are now in the first team
Well to be fair, you make a valid point to some degree. However, there is still an amount of leeway our squad depth can still offer.

Even though I would like a victory, especially if we are in the middle of a good run of games, some changes could be beneficial.

It will offer the opportunity the chance to highlight some fringe members, while resting other players whom have played a lot of games.

Play Oviedo or Garbutt. Hibbert slot back in at right back. Give Galloway a chance? Robles? Browning? Ledson? Atsu? Kone? Long?

With the usually hectic Christmas / New Year block coming up, a few days rest could do our key players the world of good.

Well if that's if we haven't already got much injuries....

38 shots 7 on target (Wolfsburg)

11 shots 5 on target (Everton)

Not worried in the slightest, They shot from anywhere and everywhere with little effect, We could and should have scored at least another two last night, Distin with the header from the corner and McGeady with an awful miss from Lukaku's saved shot
I expect that speculative smasher just prior to our first goal counts as a shot. Only shots on target really matter, and even then only ones which are genuinely threatening.

I expect that speculative smasher just prior to our first goal counts as a shot. Only shots on target really matter, and even then only ones which are genuinely threatening.

Think of the ones they had from well outside the box that go straight at Howard

Prob similar to what German TV was saying, i.e. they were the better team but we were more clinical with our chances.

Better at retaining the ball and not creating much in the way of clear cut chances, So what?

Germans can pipe right down "But ve had 500 shotz on target" beauts

Status
Not open for further replies.