VFL Wolfsburg Vs. Everton FC - Europa League Grp H - Thursday 27th Nov - 18:00KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got home early this morning, totally knackered.

Great result, not totally sure how we kept a clean sheet. Distin and Jagielka ( you remember lads, those centre halves which needed replacing tout d'suite not so long ago ) were immense, especially in the first half when we were a bit under the cosh.

Gutted about McCarthy, made up for Mirallas and Lukaku. All in all a great team performance. Daft thing is, even after half time when we knew we'd qualified I was still nervous as hell under the second goal went in. I'm nearly 53 and still get a great buzz out of an Everton performance like that.

Hope we draw a team from somewhere a bit warmer than Hannover / Wolfsburg for the knockout out round. Germany was bloody freezing !

Nice preview @ijjysmith. We have strength in depth on the preview writing front. If @chicoazul's injured then hopefully he'll make a speedy recovery.

Got home early this morning, totally knackered.

Great result, not totally sure how we kept a clean sheet. Distin and Jagielka ( you remember lads, those centre halves which needed replacing tout d'suite not so long ago ) were immense, especially in the first half when we were a bit under the cosh.

Gutted about McCarthy, made up for Mirallas and Lukaku. All in all a great team performance. Daft thing is, even after half time when we knew we'd qualified I was still nervous as hell under the second goal went in. I'm nearly 53 and still get a great buzz out of an Everton performance like that.

Hope we draw a team from somewhere a bit warmer than Hannover / Wolfsburg for the knockout out round. Germany was bloody freezing !

Nice preview @ijjysmith. We have strength in depth on the preview writing front. If @chicoazul's injured then hopefully he'll make a speedy recovery.

...spot on about the CBs, they were excellent. There was no doubt that the earlier loss of form would be temporary. Delighted for all the folk who travelled, you also did us proud and got the result you deserved. Great night.

For all those mentioning we rode our luck at time we could have scored five had distin's header gone under the bar, McGeady not fluffed a sitter and ross effort not wrongly ruled out. A lot of post match commentary makes it seem like our 2 goals were the only chances we had all match.

Don't mean to be overly negative, but is it a worry that we conceded 38 shots on our goal? I realise most of them were speculative long rangers, but still seems a lot.

Delighted with the win though. GRUPPENSIEGER!

Don't mean to be overly negative, but is it a worry that we conceded 38 shots on our goal? I realise most of them were speculative long rangers, but still seems a lot.

Doesnt bother me.
What would concern me more would of been the amount of clear cut chances they made, the amount of 1v1's Howard had to save, and over the two games with these, there were very little.

38 shots 7 on target (Wolfsburg)

11 shots 5 on target (Everton)

Not worried in the slightest, They shot from anywhere and everywhere with little effect, We could and should have scored at least another two last night, Distin with the header from the corner and McGeady with an awful miss from Lukaku's saved shot

Wolfsburg are second in the Bundesliga to only Bayern. That shows how good of a team they have. It's going to be a very, very tough game and without Naismith and Barry we've lost 2 quality players. But do we have enough to win? I don't think so. A point would be a very, very good point meaning we'll only need a win in our final game (H - Krasnodar) to go through as group winners. If we lose tonight, we'll end up as runners up, unless Lille snatch something in their final game against (H) Wolfsburg.

You're an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.