Vegard Forren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heitinga out then? Be sad to see Johnny go but his hearts set at Ajax.. he loves Everton but he's not getting first team football atm and if we can get someone of the same quality or even better and younger, it's worth it imo

I'm impressed with what he's done for us, and feel he'd have been a mainstay if he'd only gotten here earlier but I can't believe we're looking at replacing Heitinga before Distin. If we're not looking at recouping the 8 mil or more then I will always have felt that Johnny has deserved more prolonged chances at centreback than Distin. I'd rate them about the same, both make mistakes but Distin seems the more powerful and athletic but as proven against Suarez he lacks a sort of ruthless edge. And Heitinga is the better passer of all our three centrebacks.

A lefty, decent and being touted for United by Solskjaer. Had our eye on this lad for a long time, aswell as Rindaroy from Molde but interest in him died but Forren is meant to be a big talent.

As a Norwegian i'll say it right out that he is beast and give the green light on anyone who wishes to start drooling over him as a possible replacement for Distin. Knowing Moyes and his left-footed centre backs and all, this would deffo fit.

Forren is a powerful and determined type of CB. Got all the qualities, like. Composure, strength, aerial prowess and not too bad on pace. Plays ball really, really well too, and doesn't mind getting forward - a quality he shares with Distin. Better at hoofing it than Jagielka. I guess he has the right mental qualities as well, he was instrumental in Molde's league win last year (and the pending win this year), the type of future-captain material you want your centre backs to be like.

Obviously, we'll never sign him. Everyone is looking at him, he's been linked with the likes of AC Milan and Man U. Molde manager Solskjær has refused earlier bids on him from Club Brugge about a year ago, quoting that what they bid wouldn't even be enough to buy his right foot. So yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.