VAR

The problem we have now is me, you, pundits and everyone else are trying to justify certain incidents like Liverpools last night Vs Richarlisons and so on…

Next week we us or another team will have similar incidents but justify it by saying ‘well they give it last week against X team’ it will never end being like this.

We should all as football supporters be calling out wrong decisions whether it’s against a rival team or a team we hate and vice versa.

I’m tired of this circus now, we spend more time talking about decisions by VAR and refs than we do about performances. The game is well and truly dead.

The problem we have now is me, you, pundits and everyone else are trying to justify certain incidents like Liverpools last night Vs Richarlisons and so on…

Next week we us or another team will have similar incidents but justify it by saying ‘well they give it last week against X team’ it will never end being like this.

We should all as football supporters be calling out wrong decisions whether it’s against a rival team or a team we hate and vice versa.

I’m tired of this circus now, we spend more time talking about decisions by VAR and refs than we do about performances. The game is well and truly dead.

Nail on head. I can't be arsed watching Everton players dive like last night and say "well team x done it last week so it's fine". It's not fine at all, it's bloody disgusting tbh and needs people to be upfront and open about it and say "nah, this isn't acceptable"

Nail on head. I can't be arsed watching Everton players dive like last night and say "well team x done it last week so it's fine". It's not fine at all, it's bloody disgusting tbh and needs people to be upfront and open about it and say "nah, this isn't acceptable"
This has to come from the managers also, it won’t though, it should be called out by everyone, ye own fans media managers everyone!

You know what will happen, Liverpool will be on the wrong end of a “theirs contact” decision very soon and then the shoe will be on the other foot, and round and round we go.

This isn’t just about last night it’s about the game itself every club will be on the receiving end of it obviously some more than most.

This has to come from the managers also, it won’t though, it should be called out by everyone, ye own fans media managers everyone!

You know what will happen, Liverpool will be on the wrong end of a “theirs contact” decision very soon and then the shoe will be on the other foot, and round and round we go.

This isn’t just about last night it’s about the game itself every club will be on the receiving end of it obviously some more than most.
Im partially blind these days and ive watched it a few times, there wasnt contact, right? I didnt see any put it that way.

Im partially blind these days and ive watched it a few times, there wasnt contact, right? I didnt see any put it that way.
There is very very slight contact mate but that doesn’t mean it’s a pen, it’s a dive blatant dive! That contact didn’t make him fall to the floor therefore he dived.

It’s not about it being them I wasn’t arsed about them winning last I hate Newcastle that much it’s about the game being destroyed by cheats

See you for the Palace game..
haha that's probably true alright. I'll likely not be able to not watch our games because it matters more. The rest can FO though because from a purely football perspective it's all a mess
Hopefully some major overhauls in the summer are coming

haha that's probably true alright. I'll likely not be able to not watch our games because it matters more. The rest can FO though because from a purely football perspective it's all a mess
Hopefully some major overhauls in the summer are coming
I reached that level a few years ago.. all I watch now is Ireland and Everton..

VAR has been a disaster from start to finish. The thing about Rugby is it works because it's played by honest people and generally refereed by honest people. The corruption is so blatant now I can't be bothered with football anymore, its not even a joke. Darwin Nunez wasn't sent off for 3 bookable offences, Dalot wouldn't have been sent off if he'd done the same thing in the 53rd minute. We all know against Arsenal this season the ref would of given them 10 mins if it was 0-0. Clough was right when he said TV would ruin football.

remember carragher bear hugging Lescott in the dying moments of a game and Clattenfraud later coming out and saying 'you dont give a penalty against Liverpool at the Kop end in the dying moments of a game'

But the world is against them.

I remember Moyes going off after the match… basically wanting to be charged so that he could state his case.

Blatantly bringing the game into disrepute, no charges ever happened though as they didn’t want Moyes to have his day in court

That’s was scandalous, but we have so many v Liverpool and it seems to be every season. Just in the last few years, konate, Milner hand ball I mentioned, VVD studs on Onana same game, mane raising his hands twice in 10 seconds and gets away with both. 0-0 at anfield and Gordon cleaned out by Matip when he’s in on goal, should be a pen and a red. And that’s in the last 2 seasons

Rodwell red card after not even touching Suarez, ref sending off hibbo after gerrard told him to , owne two footed challenge not even a free kick, gerrard doing a standing up, digging his heels in , mid air, two footed challenge on naysmith after the ball had gone , he was on the floor and not even on the pitch, the hutinson disallowed goal as the ball was crossing the line in the last minute …. There are literally 50 or more instances I can remember from the last 20 years

I reached that level a few years ago.. all I watch now is Ireland and Everton..

I only watch Everton and its much, much easier. Stopped arguments in work cause now when anybody says "did you see that last night?" I can genuinely just say "nope".

Also means that I don't have to bother with any sports subscriptions cause I only need to find a way to watch away games, and most of the time we're on TV, we're at home anyway.

I only have interest in Everton now, not an all encompassing football lifestyle like it used to be.

Rodwell red card after not even touching Suarez, ref sending off hibbo after gerrard told him to , owne two footed challenge not even a free kick, gerrard doing a standing up, digging his heels in , mid air, two footed challenge on naysmith after the ball had gone , he was on the floor and not even on the pitch, the hutinson disallowed goal as the ball was crossing the line in the last minute …. There are literally 50 or more instances I can remember from the last 20 years
There was a clip from talkSPORT on YouTube, where Simon Jordon is criticising the penalty and jota. The replies are mental, it’s a defo pen, we’re the worst team affected by var, Refs are against us. They’re a different breed.

If any of us were in a pub chatting to a red lol who was say over 40, he’d struggle to name 3 bad decisions in derby’s. While like you say most Everton fans could reel off 20 in a minute. I’d even go back to the 84 and 86 finals 🤣