VAR

Remember the Milner hand ball from a McNeil shot last season it was a lot worse than Onana’s , With about 30 seconds to go. The ref and var just couldn’t wait to get the game over and act like it didn’t happen

I don't to be honest... I think my brain has automatically deleted much of last season from my memory for self-preservation

remember carragher bear hugging Lescott in the dying moments of a game and Clattenfraud later coming out and saying 'you dont give a penalty against Liverpool at the Kop end in the dying moments of a game'

But the world is against them.
The most astonishing fact in that is he really said it.
I remember watching that match in LLW in a Lebanese bar/restaurant with my Gooner buddies, all of us howling in laughter after the initial shock. This has been a long journey with these decisions and with VAR we have reached the climax.

remember carragher bear hugging Lescott in the dying moments of a game and Clattenfraud later coming out and saying 'you dont give a penalty against Liverpool at the Kop end in the dying moments of a game'

But the world is against them.
That’s was scandalous, but we have so many v Liverpool and it seems to be every season. Just in the last few years, konate, Milner hand ball I mentioned, VVD studs on Onana same game, mane raising his hands twice in 10 seconds and gets away with both. 0-0 at anfield and Gordon cleaned out by Matip when he’s in on goal, should be a pen and a red. And that’s in the last 2 seasons

That’s was scandalous, but we have so many v Liverpool and it seems to be every season. Just in the last few years, konate, Milner hand ball I mentioned, VVD studs on Onana same game, mane raising his hands twice in 10 seconds and gets away with both. 0-0 at anfield and Gordon cleaned out by Matip when he’s in on goal, should be a pen and a red. And that’s in the last 2 seasons
Amazing the amount of decisions that have gone for them.
As so often happens against us, they run out winners by a couple of goals which allows them (and the media) to say "it wouldn't have changed the result" - completely ignoring how much in the balance the game was at the point the horrific decisions occur.
As an example, although they were on top in the last derby, they weren't breaking us down at 11v10. If Konate was rightly sent off then we have a very good chance of at least a point in that one. He's not sent off, we eventually tire, and lose 2-0.

Amazing the amount of decisions that have gone for them.
As so often happens against us, they run out winners by a couple of goals which allows them (and the media) to say "it wouldn't have changed the result" - completely ignoring how much in the balance the game was at the point the horrific decisions occur.
As an example, although they were on top in the last derby, they weren't breaking us down at 11v10. If Konate was rightly sent off then we have a very good chance of at least a point in that one. He's not sent off, we eventually tire, and lose 2-0.
Another thing that winds me up and is never really mentioned is yellow cards, these can massively affect teams, especially a team like us and the way we play. Young was stupid to make the second challenge when on a yellow, but their left back made 4 fouls and the first two every bit as bad as Young’s first. Against Utd garnacho and Fernandes both kicked the ball away and both didn’t get yellows when apparently that’s the rule, again garncho made 3 fouls first half and kicked the ball away no yellow, doucoure gets one for pointing this out to the ref. Always seems that we get a yellow for the fist challenge we slightly get wrong every game.

Another thing that winds me up and is never really mentioned is yellow cards, these can massively affect teams, especially a team like us and the way we play. Young was stupid to make the second challenge when on a yellow, but their left back made 4 fouls and the first two every bit as bad as Young’s first. Against Utd garnacho and Fernandes both kicked the ball away and both didn’t get yellows when apparently that’s the rule, again garncho made 3 fouls first half and kicked the ball away no yellow, doucoure gets one for pointing this out to the ref. Always seems that we get a yellow for the fist challenge we slightly get wrong every game.

They know they can get away with it. Fabhinho used to be able to do 3 fouls worthy of a yellow card before he even got a warning. Fernandinho of City exactly the same.

It's like the refs give them at least 3 chances for a yellow card offence before a yellown card is given, whereas for us it's first challenge is a yellow.

I mean, pretty obvious they were going for ball on both of these, so I don’t see any issue.

IMG_0752.jpeg

IMG_0663.jpeg

Wasn't VAR sold as being meant for absolute howlers? If they have to go over and over the footage at minute detail to try and justify a decision surely it should stay as the on-field decision (similar to cricket)?

It also annoys me how fouls get upgraded once they've slowed it down to a fraction of the speed. It will always look worse than it actually was. And don't get me started on how they draw offside lines.

The whole thing has become a disaster.