Uninspiring Everton....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenada_blue

Welcome to Barcelonaton FC
Take this as a rant at Moyes all you want but seriously....

Upon seeing the team out today -

Howard
Hibbert Yobo Distin Baines
Osman Rodwell Neville Pienaar
Cahill
Jo
Did anyone think that was an inspired team that could create chances and be able to have more than just a plan A.

Then look at the bench -

Nash, Fellaini, Heitinga, Billthekid, Yakubu, Vaughan, Gosling,

Thats, oh something like £40million on the bench. But yet Moyes doesnt feel that £14million worth of player in Billythekid and Heitinga (who came on due to an injury to Neville) are ready to play. Or that Fellaini or Yakubu are ready to be in the 1st team at the moment.

So if that is the case...Moyes must feel that the team he put out have invention, creativity, and above all more than just plan A.

Didnt look like that today. It looked like Fulham sussed the game plan out and wore us down to win the match. In fact, that happened since the start of the season.

We are so unbalanced and so 1 dimensional, so predictable, Im beginning to think that its not a surprise anymore.

But with £40million worth of talant on the bench, surely we have options? Remember them? The ones that Moyes says we never have?

Blackburn at home is a must win game now. Which I cant see happening unless Moyes does something drastic with the team. Its not working. AT. ALL.

Not telling him how to do his job, but I think its about time he shuffled the pack, made changes, play the players he's bought, and breathe some new life into a side that is, frankly, starting to stink.

Moyes himself has said vertain players (ie osman and hibbert) need a kick up the ass, but he doesnt give them it by dropping them...hmm...

Moyes himself has said vertain players (ie osman and hibbert) need a kick up the ass, but he doesnt give them it by dropping them...hmm...
Dropped Fellaini though, and it worked he started playing well.
Moyes stated Osman needed to play better, and yet he starts him. :rolleyes:

Well he effin should do. And that's not just aimed at Osman and Hibbert.

We started off brightly today, created things. But the minute Fulham sussed us out what did we do? Nothing untill Neville was injured.

£40million on the bench. When have we ever had £40million on the bench? Never. And what does Moyes do? Not use them. Or when he did the team looked like this

Howard
Cahill Heitinga Rodwell Pienaar
Fellaini
Yakubu
What is that? You've got 2 wingers on the bench in Gosling and Billy and you out Cahill on the right wing?

:mad:

Well he effin should do. And that's not just aimed at Osman and Hibbert.

We started off brightly today, created things. But the minute Fulham sussed us out what did we do? Nothing untill Neville was injured.

£40million on the bench. When have we ever had £40million on the bench? Never. And what does Moyes do? Not use them. Or when he did the team looked like this

Howard
Cahill Heitinga Rodwell Pienaar
Fellaini
Yakubu
What is that? You've got 2 wingers on the bench in Gosling and Billy and you out Cahill on the right wing?

:mad:

Should have ended like this

Howard
Heitinga Yobo Distin Baines
Pienaar Rodwell Fellaini Billy
Cahill
Jo

Then we may have won. Provided hoofball was stopped.

We have these discussions week in week out, but nothing changes in the way our team is selected.
We all support Moyes, but as much as we hail him for his positives, he deserves the same recognition for his negatives, and he needs a crash course in ' give it a go ' management.
He is becoming so predictable, I no longer have to look at the team sheet any more to know who is playing.
Kenwright needs to have a little chat in his shell like and remind him we need points before things start getting dangerously ominous.

We have these discussions week in week out, but nothing changes in the way our team is selected.
We all support Moyes, but as much as we hail him for his positives, he deserves the same recognition for his negatives, and he needs a crash course in ' give it a go ' management.
He is becoming so predictable, I no longer have to look at the team sheet any more to know who is playing.
Kenwright needs to have a little chat in his shell like and remind him we need points before things start getting dangerously ominous.

Agree. Now i know everybody thinks they could manage a team, including me and it's probably alot harder than we think. But Moyes could at least recognise things aren't working and we need a change, and a plan B.

Should have ended like this

Howard
Heitinga Yobo Distin Baines
Pienaar Rodwell Fellaini Billy
Cahill
Jo

Then we may have won. Provided hoofball was stopped.

Could've started like that never mind finished it. There are a number of things he could've done but he didnt.

The team that started, and has done pretty much from the start of the season is unbalanced, 1 dimensional, and lacking creativity.

Its all well and good saying "veteran performers arent playing to standard" when all they offer is 1 dimensional football from the kick off.

He's spent £9million on a winger who's played half a season already and he's only come on for 5minutes against Wigan! £5million on an international defensive player and was forced to play him today, otherwise he wouldnt have got a sniff.

Moyes' persistence in a right flank of Hibbert and Osman is a bit soul destroying.

We'll get it together soon though - just a shame we can never have our store in order before October.

Very frustrating, really f*cks me off sometimes.

We have got beat by two massively underwhelming teams in Burnley and Fulham who were both there for the taking. And it boils down to his persistance is [Poor language removed]/off form players. He took Osman off against Wigan yet starts him today with options at his fingertips? Same for Jo, he done absolutely nothing all game but only gets subbed when were in trouble.

For f sake, sort out that right hand side next game and ditch the two defensive midfielders, it means we have seven defensive players on the pitch. The days of moody scraped 1-0s are four years gone by, its time to move on.

Massive opportunity missed to start this season well.

We have got beat by two massively underwhelming teams in Burnley and Fulham who were both there for the taking. And it boils down to his persistance is [Poor language removed]/off form players. He took Osman off against Wigan yet starts him today with options at his fingertips? Same for Jo, he done absolutely nothing all game but only gets subbed when were in trouble.

For f sake, sort out that right hand side next game and ditch the two defensive midfielders, it means we have seven defensive players on the pitch. The days of moody scraped 1-0s are four years gone by, its time to move on.

Disagree about Jo

Here, here.

Its so blatant its beyond the joke now.

The thought of our right flank remaining the same and without a centre midfielder who can carry possession and/or pick a pass massively pissed me off when the window shut.

I'm hoping today broke the camels back, we can put out a team without Hibbert and Osman on the right flank now so theres no excuses.

Shame Moyes didn't bring Billy on when Neville was injured, just to change it up a bit, not always go like for like. I would really love to see Pienaar playing in the middle, pulling the strings like Arteta does. Oh well, theres always thursday.

Just a quick rundown of our central midfield options.

Neville - Converted full back - Accomplished in the defensive midfield position - Now injured

Rodwell - Converted centre back - Still learning the position, tends to be more defensive but has the potential to go forward - 18 years old, played every game so far this season.

Heitinga - Converted centre back - Settling in, hasn't really played defensive midfield for a long time, good on the ball, could work out ok

Fellaini - No comment - Debateable.

Osman and Pienaar can both play centrally, but Moyes tends not to play them there. Arteta obviously is out for a while yet.

I said the same with last season when everyone was glad that FINALLY we had some strikers coming back to fitness... and then Anichebe and Cahill got injured. Things never go according to plan, yet we don't have contigencies available. Neville could well be out for a few games and Rodwell is going to have to keep going and going. Why is it more important to make sure we have cover for the centre back position than it is for central midfield? There are plenty of centre backs who can come in and do a job, defending is easier than attacking.
progress.gif
http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=398342

Status
Not open for further replies.