Tyias Browning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting isn't it how many of our kids are now being spoken of as real first team prospects. It's hard to believe their abilities have changed massively in the past six months, but maybe the perception of them has.

With our relative lack of clout in the transfer market, the youth system is the only real way we'll close the gap with those above us, and I think this is a real opportunity. We all see how awful most of the 'big' sides are with regards to their young players, who often go there and rot in the reserves or go on countless loans before being sold off. Few ever graduate to the first team.

It is pleasing to hear about youth prospects

Supporters really need to get on board and start getting behind young players as well though

Too many times the fanbase is too quick to disregard a young player after only a few performances

Oviedo, for example

It's tough because on one hand you dont want to big the players up too much, as they'll develop an ego, but you also want to try and motivate them as well.

I always thought Brian Clough was good at that. He'd have you running through walls for him but he'd also bring you back down to Earth if he needed to

so,

I wonder who it was that was holding them back ?
Who was it that was making them believe they weren't good enough ?
Who was it that would only play them when no other option, then drop 'em however well they performed ?

A kid near me that was with us from age 9, his mum said that she can't recall the person ever speaking to him once in 6-7 years or showing any kind of interest in his team at all, in the few months following Bobby saw more of them than in the prev. years.

....surprised that Stubbs and RM have both highlighted this lad as a future 1st teamer. Individuals are rarely named and there will be an expectancy now. I have to admit to a view that he's more of an athlete than top player, but the coaches are with these kids day in day out and know best

Status
Not open for further replies.