2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad thing about it, was it looked like we finally had a cracking group of kids coming through that year. About 5 of them also just been away with England winning the u20 World Cup. And without counting DCL as we signed him from Sheffield Utd. None of them you can really say made it with us.
Davies - the last man standing with us but he still never really made it with us.

Good luck to the lad tho...

Good luck

Also feels pretty atrocious to let another player go without managing to get a fee

No doubt could’ve got 8 million for him a few years ago

Good luck to him. He's not good enough at this level but he's lived his dream, made a stack of cash and can now go to Italy and hopefully get a new lease of life.

Poor lad will never realise his dream of occupying the coveted Bramley Moore benches ☹️
I wouldn’t bet the farm on that. If he ends up playing At Rotherham, which is his level, he could be on the bench for them against us in our opening fixture after we finally lose a relegation battle because the team is stuffed with players like him.

Some positive news for the week..... good decision Tom.

Still questions to be asked why in fact we offered him a new contract!

Keane Holgate Kenny Davies in a team managed by Lampard. It was a miracle we stayed up that season.
Thank god 2 of them loved the club enough to reject new deals.

I like Tom but he never seemed to truly stamp his claim for the starting spot.

Wish him well at wherever he ends up.

He wasn't good enough, but it's not his fault that successive managers kept selecting him or that the club didn't cash in on him (and Gordon and DCL) when his/their stock was higher/high. He always seemed to try his best and to be a decent bloke. I wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.