Time to reassess: 71 points won't get us CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very true, and I think everyone here is enjoying the new style we're seeing, but at the end of the day we are Evertonians who are proud of our history, and we want to add to it as well as being remembered as a team who played in pretty triangles.
To do that we need to finish in as favourable a position in the league as possible.

Football is about winning things. Gallantry is for losers. I don't think Roberto is a loser...

Not really what i was trying to say tbh.

Mainly trying to focus on we dont need to achieve everything this year...and get on the players backs if we dont.

Distin touched on this with his atmosphere shout in twitter saturday and got leathered for it. The fans went mad when we didnt beat stoke...everyone was 5hite again and it wasnt good enough.

People need to be realistic IMO and starting threads etc about 21 points from 21 is only going to lead to disappointment and the point i was trying to make is yes, lets have targets, but lets not be livid if we dont get there this season.

Martinez is in this for the long haul, you can just tell.

Were going to have exciting times ahead and i beleive its when and not IF we won something with him.

Really can't see us finishing above City, Arsenal or Chelsea. So in terms of 4th place, Liverpools fixture list is much more favourable than ours, having already been away to every team in the top 8 bar United.

Our season will hinge on how we can fare against our competitors, starting with the derby.

Really can't see us finishing above City, Arsenal or Chelsea. So in terms of 4th place, Liverpools fixture list is much more favourable than ours, having already been away to every team in the top 8 bar United.

Our season will hinge on how we can fare against our competitors, starting with the derby.

I think you'll start dropping points against the smaller sides though. It was on the cards against Stoke for long periods of the game. There's only so much a one man team can do.

I think you'll start dropping points against the smaller sides though. It was on the cards against Stoke for long periods of the game. There's only so much a one man team can do.

Haha, good one!

In all seriousness though, I think the likes of United, Liverpool and ourselves will dispatch the lesser teams fairly consistently. The top places will be decided by the victors of the top clashes, of which Liverpool have the easier run given the majority of their remaining games are at home.

These run rates and average points required stats are fairly feutile in the end as all teams have peaks and troughs over the season

I've done my own calculations. It took quite a while working out all the possibilities and I conclude that we'll be on 44pts if we beat the baggies ;)

Haha, good one!

In all seriousness though, I think the likes of United, Liverpool and ourselves will dispatch the lesser teams fairly consistently. The top places will be decided by the victors of the top clashes, of which Liverpool have the easier run given the majority of their remaining games are at home.

These run rates and average points required stats are fairly feutile in the end as all teams have peaks and troughs over the season

Sorry thought you "came out" about it last week in the World Football thread, my mistake!

Agree with what you say like, but the Hull result Liverpool had showed me how vulnerable they are when one certain player has an off day. He's a brilliant player but he can't keep swatting aside the lesser clubs single handedly like a flat track bully for an entire season.

The Champions League will remain a pipe dream as long as we continue to be outspent by the likes of Hull and other minnows.

Not sure why everyone is saying they are excited for next year. We are more than half way through the season and are a point off 4th and right in the mix for more. No guarantees this time next year we will be in the same spot. Got cease the opportunity.

The Champions League will remain a pipe dream as long as we continue to be outspent by the likes of Hull and other minnows.
hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

Can we really expect to reach the Champions League when we have the lowest spend out of all Premier League clubs every window. The lack of support from the board is a disgrace.

City and Chelsea no chance, lets see Arsenal today, they have been lucky so far, if they drop points today it will be great, 5 teams fighting for 2 places better than 4 teams fighting for 1 place

They'll drop points when they play each other.

Chelsea and/or Utd will drop points this weekend as they're playing each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.