Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statiscally the worst keeper in the league last season.

Even my half blind Nan can see he's past his sell by date.

Why's he still our first choice keeper ffs?

What is it with Everton and hanging on to players for too long??

Howard, Osman, Hibbert, Campbell, Weir, Stracquilarse (more than 1 game was too long for him)

What is it with Everton and hanging on to players for too long??

Howard, Osman, Hibbert, Campbell, Weir, Stracquilarse (more than 1 game was too long for him)

giphy.gif

The second goal shouldn't have even been a shot but our backs looked like the keystone cops and then double screened Howard. It amazes me that little or no blame is ever put on the backs.

Those complaining about his 'slow' distribution: do you think 2 seconds makes much of a difference? If he can't see an immediate counter-attack opportunity, why hastily give the ball right back to the opponent? Much better to take a breath and allow your team to get back into position or just play it simple and short.

Those complaining about his 'slow' distribution: do you think 2 seconds makes much of a difference? If he can't see an immediate counter-attack opportunity, why hastily give the ball right back to the opponent? Much better to take a breath and allow your team to get back into position or just play it simple and short.
His distribution is slow and crap.

Must be very strange individuals when there is so much more glaring crapness to complain about, such as his inability to complete saves

Doesn't command his area, or communicate strongly enough. Slow and poor with his goal kicks and general distribution and these days, nothing like the decent shot stopper he once was. And he just doesn't have a natural 'feel' for the game in my opinion, he's a manufactured goalie.

Doesn't command his area, or communicate strongly enough. Slow and poor with his goal kicks and general distribution and these days, nothing like the decent shot stopper he once was. And he just doesn't have a natural 'feel' for the game in my opinion, he's a manufactured goalie.
you are alleging that Tim is crap then ?

you are alleging that Tim is crap then ?

Now now, that's like trying to put words in my mouth.

I'd suggest that Tim H is very much on the downward slope of his career. At best he was a good, athletic shot-stopper, but not a natural goalie in the West, Southall, Shilton, Clemence, Banks, Springett, Wilson, Schmeichel class... And you could name simply dozens more natural goalies who instinctively understand the role, something Tim and his beard regrettably never really has done.

Now now, that's like trying to put words in my mouth.

I'd suggest that Tim H is very much on the downward slope of his career. At best he was a good, athletic shot-stopper, but not a natural goalie in the West, Southall, Shilton, Clemence, Banks, Springett, Wilson, Schmeichel class... And you could name simply dozens more natural goalies who instinctively understand the role, something Tim and his beard regrettably never really has done.
An admirably accurate and succinct summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.