Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the CBs are jittery and not stopping runs or marking strikers, then it's always going to be very hard for a keeper. He was horribly exposed against chelsea, and couldn't really do much for the arsenal goals. He's in the top 5 in the prem,,,whether thats because he is a truly outstanding keeper, or if the standard of keepers is just not what it used to be, is up for debate.

Well the CBs are jittery and not stopping runs or marking strikers, then it's always going to be very hard for a keeper. He was horribly exposed against chelsea, and couldn't really do much for the arsenal goals. He's in the top 5 in the prem,,,whether thats because he is a truly outstanding keeper, or if the standard of keepers is just not what it used to be, is up for debate.

Well I'd say that a keeper can only do so much to influence a game. Ultimately, a player can get into position to make it actually impossible for a keeper to do anything about it.

Like you say, it has to be about the defence not giving the opposition space. Which pretty much explains all of Chelsea's 6 goals. Not much Howard could have done.

Eat-Crow-300x336.jpg

Tim was great again tonight, that was a hell of a free kick, deserved the clap it got from the blues, just glad it wasnt 70 mins earlier!

My Mum just told me that she heard it on the radio that Howard will visit Hungary with his family in a week or so to take part in a TV show called "Hungary, I Love You." That should be an intriguing one!

Signs that Tim is improving I think. Great World Cup like, always been a strong shot stopper and good reactions / reflexes. His area for development was commanding the area - I think against West Brom and Wolfsburg he showed signs of being more dominant. I also though it was interesting that Howard played at all - hopefully Robert learned from the Emirate experience last year.

Ive always thought myself that Tim Howard has been no were near anything as bad as what some people have made him out to be,he will make the odd mistake,[but more than makes up for any mistake with some wonder saves,] but how many mistakes have the so called top keepers keep making,like say Joe Hart for example he makes one nearly every few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.