The Takeover Rumour Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% agree. The tv money alone is going to remain huge with or without collective bargaining and that'll ensure a new owner can ofload some time down the road. It is a good investment.

It's no co-incidence that the interest in the club is coming at a time when the Euro-Zone is breaking up. It's difficult to think of a better investment (right now). From a supporters point of view, the lower the price the better (more money for players etc).

Last edited:
The Ajax team of the 70s were a freak occurence of great ability wedded to a novel system that took the big guns off guard. The Barca outfit are often talked about as 'organic' - but take a look at how much that club spends on transfers and wages...they share a €2 billion tv pot with Madrid and still go into debt paying to keep competitive.
You really think those sheiks at City are making a profit? I do realise Barca are paying huge wages on players, but at least the vast majority of them are self developed. Clubs like Madrid an City just buy every mercenary under the sun, in order to break that stranglehold of Barca and United respectively. I'm not against investment. All I hope for from our potential new owners, is that theyfind that middle way.

I've said this before Dutch. If we were taken over by a crazy rich Scrooge McDuck type then we wouldn't be Man City. We, fans and the actual club, wouldn't turn into utter bells like they have. We would do it in a much more classy way. Because we are Everton.

scrooge.jpg

I would bloody love to be taken over by a mega rich Arab type. It seems a bit daft to suggest you wouldn't want us to be.

As said, it's not the owners I have a problem with, but much more the way football has developed.

You really think those sheiks at City are making a profit? I do realise Barca are paying huge wages on players, but at least the vast majority of them are self developed. Clubs like Madrid an City just buy every mercenary under the sun, in order to break that stranglehold of Barca and United respectively. I'm not against investment. All I hope for from our potential new owners, is that theyfind that middle way.

We have to look at the bigger picture with these things. The people who come in and spend crazy money view a club as part of their business empire. It's like saying that most businesses have a drag on their profits because they need to spend on publicity and PR. It's all part and parcel of the business process, and ownership of a football club slots right into that. Also, unless you get a Man City type spending (which is not what I'm envisaging for Everton) owners can claw back expenditure in future sales.

so, is there a possibility that BK makes a deal and stays in his place?
what would you guys think about that. call me stupid but i kinda respect the old fella.

what would you guys think about that. call me stupid but i kinda respect the old fella.

I think Bill would love that; not half as much as he'd love a big **** off cheque for £30M though.

You're not the only one. We need Kenwright to sell up in order to make any progress, but I refuse for one second to believe he's the Everton anti Christ many make him out to be. Sure he made mistakes and debts have grown under his ownership, but think that's more down to desperately wanting/needing to keep up with the pace of the Premiership than his evil wrong doings.

One thing I know for certain, if he hadn't taken over from Agent Johnson, we would be nowhere near the Premiership by now,

You're not the only one. We need Kenwright to sell up in order to make any progress, but I refuse for one second to believe he's the Everton anti Christ many make him out to be. Sure he made mistakes and debts have grown under his ownership, but think that's more down to desperately wanting/needing to keep up with the pace of the Premiership than his evil wrong doings.

One thing I know for certain, if he hadn't taken over from Agent Johnson, we would be nowhere near the Premiership by now,

Factual post alert!

Al Thani, is the Chairman of QIA who own PSG. Weren't the QIA rumoured to be interested in buying the club in 2009, but nothing came about because of Kirkby not going through...?

Last edited:
Bt they'd have known that before starting negotiations. They'd probably be much more stuck on the issue of three dickheads trying to squeeze unreal profit for the shares they bought.

OH, this all day.....

These cnut need outing right now. We might have a chance of competing again. But these 3/4 wont sell unless the recive vast amounts..

Grabs pitchfork**

Status
Not open for further replies.