The Super Tim Cahill Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only hoping this happens if this allows us to sign Donovan or bring someone in, if not I desperately hope he stays.

Le Toux is not a DP. They still have 1 more DP available to use. Also he is in the last season of his contract.

I was certain he was a DP, but having done some research and reading up, it appears he isn't, not a bad little acquisiation for NYRB. Le Toux just got traded to NYRB, surely they'd have him on more than a year deal.

ANyway, would love Cahill to leave and to go to MLS, but cant see it happening that quickly anyway.

He's not the player he was.. but will still be a sad day when Tim Cahill leaves our football club.

Or 3.

Anyway, if he goes - he goes.

Ivan+Drago+if+he+dies+he+dies+rocky+4+iv+russia+siberia+steroids+overcoming+adversity+boxing+athleticism+training+unorthodox+outdoor+extreme+frugal+fitness+workout+shoulder+presses+abs+muscle.png

I was certain he was a DP, but having done some research and reading up, it appears he isn't, not a bad little acquisiation for NYRB. Le Toux just got traded to NYRB, surely they'd have him on more than a year deal.

ANyway, would love Cahill to leave and to go to MLS, but cant see it happening that quickly anyway.

No he is in his last year of his contract. MLS contracts don't work like other leagues. Since the league owns his contract they don't negotiate a new one as part of the trade. He stays on whatever contract he is on. Now after the trade goes through the the team can offer an extension but it's not part of the trade process.

Love the man, but it's sad to see him becoming what he is, which is a burden. Probably better for all involved if he goes. Will still be a sad day though, but probably a necessary one.

Status
Not open for further replies.