The start to the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
No of ofcourse it doesn't mean anything but I think we can be agreed on is that we haven't hit top form and we're not too far behind our main rivals for top 4 so looking at the big picture it could be far worse.

I think that's the point I tried to make.

As for Utd, it's definitely hard to judge them since they only played QPR but they look balanced and Blind and Herrara will be a match for any midfield so it's really only their CB partnership that looks dodgy which should mean they should pick up a lot of points especially against teams that won't even get the chance to test their CBs.

Id love us to be playing Utd next.

The media are tonging them for their performance on Sunday. Sure, it was an improvement, but QPR were woeful. Their wingers didnt look interested, especially Phillips who everytime ive seen him looks uber sh!7e. I was raging watching Charlie Austin too, he's so immobile and ineffective. Contrast his performance to that of Agbonlahor v RS, he was everywhere - closing down Gerrard at every opportunity, pressing high.
Blind - Media raving at how calm and composed he was - he wasnt put under pressure once by Fer, Krancjar or Isla. Im sure most of us would be calm on the ball if we didnt have an opponent within 10 metres everytime we got the ball.

Di Maria - had a good game but QPR have no-one remotely quick in their entire team. The way he trotted away from Fer for Herraras goal was pathetic. Anyone think McCarthy is gonna let him do that? No chance, if he's getting away JM will just bring him down and concede the free-kick.

Herrara - see Blind above - QPR were truly abysmal in midfield.

Dont get me wrong, im not saying we would definitely beat them because they have some serious fire-power and we look wobbly at the back. I know for certain though that they wouldnt do to us what they did to QPR - no chance. Put Blind, Herrara and that truly awful defence under pressure and we will get joy.

Nothing to be fearful of blues, we are good team too remember.

The problem is that their team is good enough to monopolize the possession which does take pressure of their CB. Their fullbacks are both really good and not a liability.

Last season I thought we where the better team player for player. This year I think Utd are and may even challenge for the title.

I think it has made the EL even more important.

The problem is that their team is good enough to monopolize the possession which does take pressure of their CB. Their fullbacks are both really good and not a liability.

Last season I thought we where the better team player for player. This year I think Utd are and may even challenge for the title.

I think it has made the EL even more important.

I think our central midfield is better but we will see. We are there first real test with their new team aswell.

Yea but we'll have to be playing well to get anything there. I was really impressed with Blind and I've always rated Herrara.

Pity we couldn't have played them when they where arsing about with 3 at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.