The official deadline day thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not really a youth player mate.

22 is there about.

Last season he barely played in the prem for Boro. Shines in the Championship (looks like Messi at that level a mate of mine told me who follows the championship well).

Good buy. But will he play? Especially next season if Manchini is still there or not. Bellamy and Petrov seem to be picked over him as a left winger.

just got in now seen a couple of names mentioned
havent had time to read it yet, has anyone signed/signing?

I'll wait patiently till the summer and then will hope we get a good quality striker who can finish off the games and a good pacy winger who can run at full backs. I was looking at the class of 85 video yet again and if sheedy was with us he'd threaten most full backs even in the pace of today's football.

Funniest bit of the day... from the Guardian's Transfer Day blog:

4.04pm: A zinger, from Ryan Winchester. "Apparently Manchester City want to take John Terry to Manchester City as cover for Wayne Bridge," he writes. "Let's be honest, we already know he can step in and do a better job."

Zinger, indeed.

I'll wait patiently till the summer and then will hope we get a good quality striker who can finish off the games and a good pacy winger who can run at full backs. I was looking at the class of 85 video yet again and if sheedy was with us he'd threaten most full backs even in the pace of today's football.

i think sheedy had a lot of lazy games, and lets not forget that he pimped himself to celtic before the euro's, then when he got injured he didn't get his dream move.
i don't think his heart was here after that and it used to frustrate me that he would play so well for ireland then only look 1/2 arsed in blue.

great player, but for me his early Everton reputation carried him for a while.

he didn't actually score a free-kick for yonks either, about 3 years i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.