The left back question

Two left backs in the squad. Your preference would be ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. He's a brilliant left back and we have 65 midfielders.

True but most are hopeless in that left sided midfield apart from peanuts and his goose is cooked.

Kev can play there if he gets his head right but not much else I can see and Baines best attribute is his attacking

He still is a great left back though

Is a good answer, but, realistically, could we keep three left backs happy, and there's a limit on squad size.

I think Oviedo has come back stronger than perhaps Bobby thought. I haven't really followed how GRbutt is doing but am going to QPR v Fulham so hopefully I'll get to see him. Maybe another loan to a lower premiership club next season?

How's Garbutt getting on at Fulham?
I thought Oviedo wouldn't be able to come back from his injuries and be anything like he was before but he's look great in recent games.
I'd be happy with Baines and Oviedo.

Garbutt last season and Galloway this season were good to excellent as young players enjoying a run in the first team (as was Browning on the other side).
Compared to a fit Baines and Oviedo they were adequate.
I'd like to see more from them before I would anoint them replacements, although I accept that Baines is closer to the end than the beginning of his career.
Especially, I would like to see more reports of Garbutt having a decent game at a level which he should find comfortable.
Like others said, I think Galloway's future is seen in the centre and in the meantime coaches will work on his weaker foot.

Garbutt last season and Galloway this season were good to excellent as young players enjoying a run in the first team (as was Browning on the other side).
Compared to a fit Baines and Oviedo they were adequate.
I'd like to see more from them before I would anoint them replacements, although I accept that Baines is closer to the end than the beginning of his career.
Especially, I would like to see more reports of Garbutt having a decent game at a level which he should find comfortable.
Like others said, I think Galloway's future is seen in the centre and in the meantime coaches will work on his weaker foot.

Its a good problem to have with many decent young left backs and two internationals

Can we keep them all happy though ? cant play them all

Baines and Garbutt for me. But maybe Martinez sees Baines as Barry's successor? If not Oviedo at right back, left wing, in goal?

Ffs, I don't want to make this choice. One thing I know however, is that it would be mad to get rid of a homegrown player with the potential of Garbutt. So he stays whatever the outcome for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.