The Easter Sunday Sermon ; Graham , Diamond , Stuart ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking read mate. All on the money that.

What a shift Big Joe put in for us, by the way. Scandalously treated by Johnsn and his little helpers in the local media - especially that tvvat McNulty. Just for that reason alone I would never buy that rag Echo again.

Acest of the ace you are my man,

Had his name on the back of my shirt after that a nice yellow away one. (before it happened in the premier league i believe)

Hey LCAB - as I read this a question came to mind: has Everton been primarily British players for awhile? I know there are teams in the EPL that are becoming more and more international, but wondering what our history is in this? Just curious - as I realized your tales are steeped in British history too. :)

Cracking read mate. All on the money that.

What a shift Big Joe put in for us, by the way. Scandalously treated by Johnsn and his little helpers in the local media - especially that tvvat McNulty. Just for that reason alone I would never buy that rag Echo again.

Molto Grazie , Comerada Mia ...

Hey LCAB - as I read this a question came to mind: has Everton been primarily British players for awhile? I know there are teams in the EPL that are becoming more and more international, but wondering what our history is in this? Just curious - as I realized your tales are steeped in British history too. :)

We WERE slow on the Foreigners thing , Kay . Primarily because our early efforts , Atteveld , Stefan Rehn and your own , Preki largely FAILED . Teams like , Birmingham , Luton , Ipswich , in fact , most everybody went Foreign more than we did Chick' ,..

X

We WERE slow on the Foreigners thing , Kay . Primarily because our early efforts , Atteveld , Stefan Rehn and your own , Preki largely FAILED . Teams like , Birmingham , Luton , Ipswich , in fact , most everybody went Foreign more than we did Chick' ,..

X

Interesting! One of my friends referred to the team as a "British institution" recently - not in a good light - and I was like, what?! and listed all of our foreign players. He said it was more history rather than the here and now. Was wondering if he was right. Thanks for answering!

Interesting! One of my friends referred to the team as a "British institution" recently - not in a good light - and I was like, what?! and listed all of our foreign players. He said it was more history rather than the here and now. Was wondering if he was right. Thanks for answering!

No , Chick' .

That is a separate issue . Everton WERE one of the last teams to field Black Players in the Modern Age , though having had a Black Player in BOTH the 60s and 70's , the first winning us the F.A. Cup effectively .

The Media Climbed ALL over it . Labelling us inherently Racist . We had variousBlack Players in the 90's but the REAL DEAL was Kevin Campbell becoming Our Captain , and like that ,....

No , Chick' .

That is a separate issue . Everton WERE one of the last teams to field Black Players in the Modern Age , though having had a Black Player in BOTH the 60s and 70's , the first winning us the F.A. Cup effectively .

The Media Climbed ALL over it . Labelling us inherently Racist . We had variousBlack Players in the 90's but the REAL DEAL was Kevin Campbell becoming Our Captain , and like that ,....

Oh - I had no idea. Glad the league (and us) has left that behind.

Oh - I had no idea. Glad the league (and us) has left that behind.

No . It was Football being Hijacked by Right Wing Politics at the time . Leeds , Millwall , Chelsea , West Ham , Newcastle , LOADS of others the same thing . Liverpool too , pre - John Barnes . It was always Bollox with respect Cali . If you were GOOD enough Youd play . End of ...

Loved him, one of my first memories of Goodison is Graham Stuart! Superb sermon as always LCAB x x x

Ps I know its unusual but I'd love a nige martyn sermon x

Great read LCAB - only one minor point, wasnt Samways signed by Mike Walker and got rid of by Royle?

Top read as always LCAB. Bumped into him in Southport, in the arcades when out on day out with the kids, just as he had retired top bloke, loads of time for him, dead easy to talk to, no prima donna in him.

Great read LCAB - only one minor point, wasnt Samways signed by Mike Walker and got rid of by Royle?

I think your right on that one, however license is always granted to the Oracula as it is the beauty of the story telling that makes the read, facts alone would be better as a bed time read and nod off before the end thingy!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.