The Derby is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
No i'm not buzzing for the derby mate. Actually come to think of it; i have never ' buzzed ' before a derby. Such a horrible fixture.

We're playing them during the day. This makes our chances of actually getting something out of this slightly higher. And we play them at theirs first. The only time THAT will happen for the next thirty years, so we should enjoy it.

To be brutally honest, I think we place too much emphasis on these games. We need to start thinking of it as just 3 points per win, be clinical about it and drop the hype. Like everyone else, I'd be buzzing after a win there, but I agree with Noel above, it's got to be treated like any other game.

To be honest i would be happy if we dont ever play them again!

I can see West Ham winning on Saturday, but cant see Liverpool losing 3 league games on the run.

To be brutally honest, I think we place too much emphasis on these games. We need to start thinking of it as just 3 points per win, be clinical about it and drop the hype. Like everyone else, I'd be buzzing after a win there, but I agree with Noel above, it's got to be treated like any other game.

That is virtually impossible. Its impossible to not get caught up in the occasion.

To be honest i would be happy if we dont ever play them again!

I can see West Ham winning on Saturday, but cant see Liverpool losing 3 league games on the run.
I'm going to be brutally honest and i hate to say this; but i can see West Ham getting an absolute pasting.

That is virtually impossible. Its impossible to not get caught up in the occasion.
I fully understand but the impression I get from genuine Scouse RS fans here is condescending indifference to the match. We all know it would burn in their gut if we beat them, but their smug arrogance at continual success means they can condescendingly treat it like their little brother trying to beat them.
If we treated it indifferently, that would negate their condescension. IMHO

Anyone else buzzing at the prospect of us facing Liverpool in a weeks time. We appear to be coming into form at a good time and Liverpool appear out of form although this counts for nothing on the day. I'd be absolutely made up with a win at Anfield

I've been following us long enough now to know that regardless of our form and their form, they'll probably win.

It's mental with us. Don't know why.

Im confident about this but I don't think it's a good thing as I was last year too and we all know what happened then.

We need to play the game and not the occasion and I think we'll get something.

I've been following us long enough now to know that regardless of our form and their form, they'll probably win.

It's mental with us. Don't know why.

Couldn't agree more. Definitely in the head. We are better than them, we were last season at the time as well and look what happened. We need to learn to play the game and not the occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.