Current or Upcoming Crest?

• Current Crest

Votes: 40 13.6%
  • Upcoming Crest

Votes: 255 86.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i really dont like the new badge thats coming next season, think we've really jumped the gun on this one.

I hated the badge when they 1st brought it out, but its grown on me. I love the simplicity of it....

Hate the new one, its a poor design of the old one....

THIS in a nutshell.

On reflection the current crest is ok - it looks modern and is better replicated in modern media.

The one we will change to looks like a fan designed one. It's really awful.

If we couldn't have kept the current one then we should have just gone back to the old one, or even gone retro.

The irony of me calling the upcoming badge cheap and fan designed is the best designs I've seen actually were fan designed ones. They incorporated everything and looks slick, whereas the new one gives me the impression it's been designed using a clunky windows 95 badge builder.

The next badge is poor, its basically just the old one but all wonky. Despite that its still a massive improvement on the current one!

I wanted the new badge to have the same tower and laurels but with EFC written under or over it. Bit like this
efc-63174.jpg

Get rid of the fat shield thing, everton and the date.

Hate to say anything positive about the RS but the badge they have now, without all the silly guff on it, is much improved.

The next badge is poor, its basically just the old one but all wonky. Despite that its still a massive improvement on the current one!

I wanted the new badge to have the same tower and laurels but with EFC written under or over it. Bit like this
efc-63174.jpg

Get rid of the fat shield thing, everton and the date.

Hate to say anything positive about the RS but the badge they have now, without all the silly guff on it, is much improved.

I own that jacket and a polo shirt with the same crest design and I like it a lot. Would have been pleased of the new crest was similar.

Hate this season's crest but really don't think next season's is an improvement over the one we started this debacle with. Just see a bunch of marketing people getting overpaid for doing a crappy job

I suppose I have the unpopular opinion of "I'm not really arsed, we're winning".

That is how I feel to a certain degree. I mean, when we were sponsored by Hafnia (a company that made ham) nobody was bothered!
My bug bear regarding the crest is that we don't have the word Everton written in capitals on the badge. Putting it in small gives the impression that we are a small club to me. Let's be proud of our team and show it off! "EVERTON" is better and stands out more than "Everton".

My favorite of the three crests is the last one. I like better than the before one too. It looks really good.

Everton-FC-Logo-Redesigns.jpg

THIS in a nutshell.

On reflection the current crest is ok - it looks modern and is better replicated in modern media.

The one we will change to looks like a fan designed one. It's really awful.

If we couldn't have kept the current one then we should have just gone back to the old one, or even gone retro.

The irony of me calling the upcoming badge cheap and fan designed is the best designs I've seen actually were fan designed ones. They incorporated everything and looks slick, whereas the new one gives me the impression it's been designed using a clunky windows 95 badge builder.
Fairly certain you're in a remarkably small minority when you say the current logo is ok.

Next year's one achieves the goal of being simple enough to replicate in modern media, yet retains many of the important historic elements which the current one simply threw away. It is actually very good, although I agree there were some fan-designed ones that were better.

Going back to the previous one wasn't an option because it didn't lend itself well to modern media use.

In summary:
We can't keep the old one, the current one looks like baby vomit and the new one is a better alternative than the current one.

Those of you that like the current one can fill your boots with all the discounted gear available up to the end of this month.

Atleast i can buy the new shirt before i go away on holiday, i would buy nothing with that last badge on.
My 4yr old grand son could have come up with a better design.

The last crest actually ended up growing on me, it just needed 'slimming down'. I remember @HSD editing a much better version of it in Photoshop, I'll try and find it.

EDIT Found it:

BLIQlKdCMAAg0CZ.jpg

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.