The BBC and MOTD is as laughable as ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedfordshiretoffee

Player Valuation: £1.5m
So Beckford picks up the ball in his own area, runs 100 yards beyond roughly 10 players, and pops it into the net. Goal of the season? Not even a mention. If it was Rooney/Messi, Ronaldo, they would be replaying it forever. The BBC continues to show contempt for our great club.

BTW, we have this same problem in the States in "our" sports. Highlights of more popular players equals more eyeballs, which equals more money. Make no mistake, whether its the UK, USA or on the moon, sportscasts and newscasts want to make money. Objectivity has long been a distant second. The producers of these shows are judged by ratings, not by how correct their reporting is.

BTW, we have this same problem in the States in "our" sports. Highlights of more popular players equals more eyeballs, which equals more money. Make no mistake, whether its the UK, USA or on the moon, sportscasts and newscasts want to make money. Objectivity has long been a distant second. The producers of these shows are judged by ratings, not by how correct their reporting is.

The BBC doesn't make money from adverts and high viewing figures. It's a public service.

Hence the demand for objectivity.

It was a busy day, they don't normally have ten games to get through, and our match wasn't of any consequence to the final league standings. But they could've taken 30 seconds out of their conversation about Ancelotti and Chelsea's possible next manager to have Alan Shearer give his opinion on a brilliant striker's effort.

Poor show BBC.

Stopped watching MOTD coz its SHOIT we never get a amount of viewing time and Gary Liniker i think has forgotten he ever played for us!

I thought exactly the same thing, if it were Rooney they'd be saying 'that is why he's the best'. it's bollocks

That Match of the Day has just convinced me to do something I thought I'd never do again - pay for Sky and give Murdoch money. Because that was unbelievable.

As my main man would say

'QUELL FUKKN SUPRISE???'

This Beckford goal - am I alone in thinking it was great perseverence from the player but wasn't that spectacular?

The Keystone Cops defending on the half way line with 4 Chelsea players bumping into each other and the ridiculous decision of Cech to stay on his line until Beckford was in the box stuck out as much as the effort of Beckford himself.

That's not to excuse Lineker et al's ignoring of the goal, btw.

I enjoyed the opening half an hour where they interchanged between 3 games without talking.

The amount of high-level experience these pundits have and yet Hansen could only manage this yesterday, verbatim;

"Oh it had everything, highs, lows, peaks, valleys, goals!".

How about Shearer & Linekar talk about how awful it is to be an out of form striker? Or Dixon/Hansen/Lawro talk about defensive frailties and how they can cost a season, instead it's all on-the-spot drivel.

I enjoyed the opening half an hour where they interchanged between 3 games without talking.

The amount of high-level experience these pundits have and yet Hansen could only manage this yesterday, verbatim;

"Oh it had everything, highs, lows, peaks, valleys, goals!".

How about Shearer & Linekar talk about how awful it is to be an out of form striker? Or Dixon/Hansen/Lawro talk about defensive frailties and how they can cost a season, instead it's all on-the-spot drivel.

Hansen is a complete fraud. I've watched matches on SKY earlier in the day and then on MOTD highlights I've heard him repeat word for word the analysis of the SKY Sports pundits.

I've listened to his drivel during live games for years and he hasn't got a clue what he's talking about. A superlative is usually used where analysis should be.

Shearer's just a thick Geordie.

Status
Not open for further replies.