The 5/4/2016 pro Martinez thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Rat

Player Valuation: £950k
Because it hasn't worked so far under Martinez doesn't mean it's 'never' going to work now.

Under Kendall's first few seasons we were far worse off than what we are now... The football was terrible, the results were terrible, and little sign of any on-pitch progress. The fans were absolutely livid and we all wanted him gone.

Also, under Kendall (82/83) there were far fewer positives than what we see today. The football was awful and the thought of us dominating the League, Cup AND Europe was (thinking back) totally laughable.

And fwiw. I've not listened to a Martinez pre or post match interview in 2 years. I can't stand the man. And I actually need to look away whenever the cringeworthy bellend speaks.

BUT. He is responsible for the best football i've seen us play in 25 years. And unlike Kendall (more fool me) i'm not ready to give up on him just yet.

He's got so many lessons to learn (just like Howard did), but this manager given two more seasons could make us challenge at the very top.

That said. IF there is a mass player rebellion - then he needs to go... Even the best and hardest of them all (Mourinho) couldn't fight that tyde.

I hear you. But maybe we should've sacked Kendall (which the vast majority wanted, just like now) and have no history to speak of since 1970.

But mate theres nothing left, no light at the end of the tunnel, his record WITH Everton and pre Everton screams failure, the Wigan fans told us almost 3 years ago, the man doesnt have any tactical nous, hes got a flawed plan A and he thinks defending is something you wear.

I like the bloke but the fans have had enough. Sadly cannot see him being able to turn things round enough to get the fans back on board, a cup win notwithstanding. It hasn't been good enough really, and the negatives outweigh the positives considerably.

Wish people would stop using Kendall to back a managers terrible run.

Kendall was an anomaly.

It's a legit argument tho. If United sacked fergie (which the vast majority wanted) then they don't have the history they have now. Absolutely nowhere near it infact.

I like the bloke but the fans have had enough. Sadly cannot see him being able to turn things round enough to get the fans back on board, a cup win notwithstanding. It hasn't been good enough really, and the negatives outweigh the positives considerably.

Honestly struggling to see ANY positive to retaining him personally.

Not a single thing.

Honestly struggling to see ANY positive to retaining him personally.

Not a single thing.
Ross is to his credit, and we've been good going forward for the most part this season mate, but mentality/tactics have scuppered that so we've been crap.
He hasn't got results, simple as that. Even if he wins most of the games left this season, he'll still have the axe hanging over his head going into next season from the fanbase.
A trophy will change things slightly but not enough, and there's no guarantees in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.