That NOTW Story : DAVID MOYES SNUBS LIVERPOOL WORLD CUP BID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpys top lip

Player Valuation: £60m
moyes_280x420_57697a.jpg

EVERTON boss David Moyes snubbed the launch of Liverpool's bid to be a host city at the England 2018 World Cup due to a £14million feud with event organisers.

Moyes was the most notable absentee when FA committee members attended the glitzy ceremony pushing Liverpool's claims.

The Goodison boss was invited alongside Anfield heroes Rafael Benitez, Kenny Dalglish and Jamie Carragher and current Tranmere boss John Barnes.

Moyes was replaced by club officials and former Everton players Graeme Sharp, Kevin Sheedy and Gary Stevens.
Fraught

The no-show of the manager and any of his first-team squad was put down to 'training commitments' by organisers.

But Sport of the World has learned Moyes was pulled out due to the increasingly fraught relationship between Everton and the Liverpool City Council chiefs who are running the bid.

Everton are embroiled in a long-running scrap with the council over their contentious stadium move. And the club is furious at the role of city planners' in preventing the sale of their former Bellefield training ground.

The site, vacated two years ago when the Toffees moved to their current Finch Farm premises, is derelict having been previously rejected for a lucrative residential development.
Value

It was valued at as high as £14m - funds earmarked to assist Everton's stadium relocation or to be pumped into Moyes' squad. Yet the value of the property has halved. The Merseysiders are planning a third appeal against the verdict pending a decision on their move from Goodison to Kirkby.

Everton officials suspect the move to block the Bellefield development was in retaliation for the club's attempt to leave the city, from Liverpool to Knowsley.

That was denied by a council spokesman, who said: "We're keen to see the site developed appropriately."

Last edited:
I hate LCC so much. Out of every thing they'v done. This is the thing that makes my blood boil the most......

{note to mods} "see i didd'nt sware, an i was angry"

garbage story, who gives a monkeys about whether moyes attended a "glitzy ceremony", from a joke bidding process. Whatever happens with the world cup bid, the designation of seats will probably be like the FA Cup final only worse. 3/4's for sponsors and rich exec's and their wives, 1/8th for each set of fans, half of which bought them at over inflated prices from touts. watching england and the empty red seats at wembley at the start of the second half is a national disgrace, they're too busy quoffing champagne and prawn sandwiches...you'll have to be very well off and be very lucky to go to the world cup.

Whatever, not interested in this process...wherever England play, I'll only end up watching on the tv anyway...(n)

The exclusive that died of shame. The bombshell that failed to detonate. The kite that didn't fly....

lol

Everton's Destination Kirkby inquiry cost Liverpool £265,000

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...y-inquiry-cost-city-265-000-92534-23590137/2/
everton-stadium-213468532.jpg

LIVERPOOL City Council spent £265,000 fighting Everton FC’s plans to join supermarket giant Tesco and relocate to Kirkby, the Daily Post can reveal.
The council ran up the huge bill on legal fees and paying expert witnesses during a nine-week public inquiry into the controversial move.
Last night Labour opposition leader Cllr Joe Anderson said it was a pity the council had not spent the money trying to keep the club in the city, rather than preventing it from leaving.
But Liverpool Council leader and Everton fan Warren Bradley insisted the only reason the city objected to the proposals was because of the massive retail development that came with the 50,000-seater stadium.
Both Cllr Anderson and Cllr Bradley, both Everton FC season ticket holders, have long been opposed to the club’s plans to move to Kirkby.
Sefton, West Lancashire and St Helens councils were also represented at the public inquiry because of their objections to the scheme.
All councils feared the plan – which includes a Tesco superstore and 50 shops linked with the stadium.
The 500,000sq ft of retail space in the £400m scheme would reposition Kirkby from 11th in the region's shopping hierarchy to possibly 4th.
Last night Cllr Anderson said: “It is a lot of money. It’s just a pity it was not spent on doing feasibility studies with Everton to try to keep the club within the city boundaries.
“I do feel that if two or three years ago we had been working with Everton FC to do feasibility studies we could have come up with something.”
Cllr Bradley said: “The simple fact is the city council did all they could with Kings Dock.
“We also offered sites to the club in the city.
“But they had already boarded the train with Knowsley Council and Tesco at that point.
“The public inquiry was not about Everton. It was based around the size and density of the retail development that would be taking place.
“Other councils were also at the public inquiry because they were concerned as well.
“This was about the sustainability of Liverpool and the region which is why Grosvenor objected as well.”

This is a piss take really....

Lcc are doing nothing for everton ,nothing !
Why should we send any sort of delegation to appease those self indulgent pricks that are lcc ?

None of the sites they came up with were well suited to the club's needs. The site that would have done really was chucked out on some grounds of old rules or summat ---- Walton Hall Park.

Wish DM realeased a press release saying. "I'd would come but I can't stand that close to the LCC without punching every one of those sh#$s in the face so I'd figured it would be best if I stayed away."

Status
Not open for further replies.