Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue 1

Player Valuation: £70m
I just got back from getting married in Thailand and a something struck me while over there. Given that our shirt sponsor, Chang, is one of the most popular beers there the club and sponsor should be doing much more to get us a presence over there. United have a deal with Singha and there were pictures of Giggs, Asbo etc etc on the side of friggin' buildings, bus stops, billboards, everywhere shouting about their association. Everton/Chang? Nothing. It's a HUGE market, but one completely and utterly dominated by United and the red****e. They're absolutely mad for the PL. It was easier to watch the games over there than here. Thing is, we could be really popular thanks to our association with Chang. I had several Thai lads ask for one of my shirts, eventually gave my 2008-9 shirt to a lad at one of the resorts we stayed at 'cos he was funny as **** and I wanted to see one of our shirts amongs the United, RS, Arsenal shirts on the beach. I realise that we don't have the clout of United, but if I had people asking for the shirt off my back because they're hard to find there then surely we're missing a trick?

Everton marketing department in being rubbish shocker.

Let's hope we do something to change this. I mean, we've got Thai beer on our bloody shirts, so we should not be getting overshadowed in Thailand. FFS.

And I hope your wedding went well, mate!

Send a few 100,000 shirts over and do a pre-season tour. Job done.

Marketing team want shooting.

It's like one of toffeetunes' songs: IT's not the leaving of goodison that worries me, but our beer living far away!

In addition to the obvious (preseason tour, actual marketing, shirt exports, etc) we could sign this guy:

no10b.jpg

Sarayuth Chaikamdee (Thai: ศรายุทธ ชัยคำดี, born September 24, 1981) is a Thai footballer. He plays for Thai Premier League clubside Bangkok Glass. He is a striker and is known in Thailand as "Joe five yards" because of his goal poaching ability.

He's the Thai Michael Owen! SIGN HIM UP MOYLEZ

Hopefully, once i get this Everton PR job, i will sort all this.

There were loads that followed us when i went there, as when they 1st started getting it live we were top dogs, they would be middle age now though so we need to get at the kids, maybe put one of those rapid pint pourers in the playgrounds with Grandoldteam played as a pint is poured.

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I thought I'd let you know how things have changed over here in Thailand.

They haven't.

United are all over the place due to a Pepsi deal, Chelsea are everywhere due to their deal with Singha.

Leicester city have a club shop in one of the busiest public transport hubs in Bangkok due to their King Power sponsorship, right by some of the swankiest shopping malls I've ever seen.

Even Standard Chartered have the entire side of a sky train car in Bangkok with a massive picture of the RS.

You do see the Everton team on the occasional promotional Chang item. The lads are on the side of Chang 4 packs and there is this in Bangkok.
image.jpg

But no one bothers selling any knock off Everton shirts and you won't easily find a legit one either. I dug deep to find this gem
image.jpg

From what I can tell, Chang is possibly the biggest corporation in Thailand. I know they've been our sponsor for many years and I may be the last person on this forum to realize this but Chang is a big deal. Three different types of beer, mineral water, soda water, tonic water and no doubt other types of beverage. They're getting promotion in Europe from us and in return we're getting a pretty average sum of money and a few pathetic plastic banners. The club should really have negotiated for more exposure in Thailand.

Don't get me wrong, people in Thailand do know about Everton, one boxing coach even knew that Liverpool and Everton were very close neighbours, which is more than many of my RS supporting mates in the south of England know. However, they'd still rather cheer for Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea blah blah blah whilst sipping on a Chang!

I see the logic behind it, why would they promote a team that hasn't won anything in years. I just think we could be getting a lot more out of the deal.

I've been to Bangkok a few times, I'm such a sleeze. I can confirm that you see very little of Everton. A lot of Barca and Real of course, then Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool. Struggled to see anything Everton.

I think we've probably missed the boat in Thailand, its either manyoo or the redshite, even the likes of Chelsea or arsenal don't get a look in

I don't know, it seems to be predominantly Chelsea and Arsenal shirts from what I've seen.

Actually, it's never genuine shirts, it's almost always a dodgy one from a market stall where you never see Everton shirts. Our popularity in the kingdom of Thailand probably depends on market vendors selling snide shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.