Team for the City game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard
Coleman - Stones - Jagielka - Oviedo
McCarthy - Barry - Cleverly
Barkley
Kone - Lukaku
If City play like today we need to flood the midfield in my opinion, can't give Toure or Silva any time on the ball. Oviedo will be needed over Galloway as he's more experienced.

Disagree, Galloway is a better defender than Oviedo so I would keep him in their and tell him not to go past the halfway line.
Agree with the rest though, flood the midfield and try and play counter, although they will be weary of this after the way we played v saints

Just go the same team. Cant be changing it after that performance and City will set up very similar to sthampton

Sunday Man City home
Wednesday Barnsley away
Saturday Spurs away

Surely we should be more cautious against City and more adventurous against Barnsley. Then we need a strong team against Spurs.

We can't just play the same team every game. So there should be opportunities for Besic, Naismith and others.

Sunday Man City home
Wednesday Barnsley away
Saturday Spurs away

Surely we should be more cautious against City and more adventurous against Barnsley. Then we need a strong team against Spurs.

We can't just play the same team every game. So there should be opportunities for Besic, Naismith and others.

Fully expect us to view league > cup and use players like Besic/Gerard/U21's in the Barnsley game that we should easily win. That leaves us full strength XI for City and then a weeks rest before Spurs instead of last season when they'd play 3 games in 7 days and look half dead. We could arguably play a full new XI against Barnsley.

Football Manager has told me, with a 9 minute Arouna Kone hat-trick against Atletico Madrid, that Kone is an absolute must starter.
Screenshot 2015-08-19 14.37.50.png

Status
Not open for further replies.