Summer transfer window 2023

Being offered Ings and Cornet from West Ham and trying to get Kalvin Phillips from City plus any one of 4 wingers from Leeds,

We could either be Burnley Reunited or West Ham reunited by the end of the window.
Fingers crossed it’s Phillips and Gnonto by end of the window. A cheeky CB would be extra nice.

Ins:
Gnonto
Phillips (loan)
CB

Outs:
Iwobi
Cannon
Gbamin
Gray

Looks like Iwobi's legit price as well, Bobble just confirmed theres been a fee agreed.

Well done Kopite Kev.

If you had said to me a few seasons ago we would have got over £20m for Iwobi I would have snatched your hand off. As it is, I think as he won’t sign a new contract and wants to go back to Fulham, it just makes sense. It’s never worked for him here really, he has tried hard, particularly in the last 18 months but never found a position that he could nail down.

Who knows, maybe Silva knows best how to play Iwobi and they'll do well out of him.

Good to see him get a fresh start to be honest - hasn't been a great fit here.

If you had said to me a few seasons ago we would have got over £20m for Iwobi I would have snatched your hand off. As it is, I think as he won’t sign a new contract and wants to go back to Fulham, it just makes sense. It’s never worked for him here really, he has tried hard, particularly in the last 18 months but never found a position that he could nail down.

His best position is central, however his quality is questionable. He has good traits but his lack of a cross and finish, makes him redundant to us really.

Excellent fee consideirng 12 months.

Who is Axel Iwobi?
Iwobi with a bandana. A look I can totally see him going with:

1200x0.jpg

It’s an interesting one because you would say he plays where Gana and Onana play, not Iwobi and if he comes he’s not going to come and sit on our bench rather than City’s bench.

Makes me wonder if Onana may move late on. Just hope it’s not to Liverpool.

Not a single concrete link is there? If we can get him we should be getting him though. He wouldn't be back up to gueye and onana. He'd play instead of one of them.