Summer transfer window 2023

….north of £20m is very good for Iwobi as long as we replace him with somebody more effective.
Absolutely.

15m would have been good, £22m (including addons) is remarkable for us. Considering his book value must be something like £5/6m now?

Replacement is imperative. You would hope that if its been given the green light, we have a deal incoming. We do need a replacement, and ready-made as well. I love the fact we've bought Chermiti and and ready made striker in Beto. We cannot afford to buy another chermiti-type becuase we do not have time to bed them in. Iwobi is a starter, needs to be replaced as a starter, ideally someone who can play the 10 or on the wing.

Iwobi with a bandana. A look I can totally see him going with:

1200x0.jpg
Take me down to London city cos being up north at everton is....

Can't think of a word that rhymes.

Does this mean we actually wanted to buy Iwobi when Silva was manager and it wasnt a panic buy 😱😱

Whilst I've often jested on the subject, it does show how damaging #fakenews is on EFC social media with prominent fans spreading rumours to damage officials at the clubs reputation.

Moshiri has taken pelters for years because he apparently "signed" Toshun & Iwobi which I've always said is dubious. Man has given his chequebook to idiots to waste his money.

Not a single concrete link is there? If we can get him we should be getting him though. He wouldn't be back up to gueye and onana. He'd play instead of one of them.

It depends what you class as “concrete” it’s deadline day, so there are loads of stories and it’s hard to know what’s real and what’s not.
There are reports that we are among 9 clubs who have enquired about Kalvin Phillips.

I’m saying the same as you, if we did get him he would come into the starting 11.

on a side note but i dont want to be a Spurs fan today: i know they are after Johnson of Forest, but if i am right Richy is the only one really capable of playing as a nr 9. Really strange they have not replaced Kane yet. You always should have the option of a strong nr 9 in case you can not pass your way through a defence.
Maupay on loan? Che Adams?