Summer transfer window 2023

We have no, or very little, money to spend on transfers. That should mean the onus is fully on promoting the youngsters who have promise into the first team environment rapidly. Get them We have no, or very little, money to spend on transfers. That should mean the onus is fully on promoting the youngsters who have promise into the first team environment rapidly. Get them in, hope they play well and generate interest for sales next close season. Rinse and repeat. It’s the only way to do it without the folding stuff.
The issue I see is that to do that it needs a certain profile of manager and that unfortunately isn’t the manager we currently have as his approach favours experienced players. In turn that tells me that there has been no rational thinking and we have a DoF and manager who are not on the same path in terms of this model. It’s destined to more failure unless a) the owner sells up and a big investor injects capital, or b) Dyche, Thelwall or both have to be replaced with people who can buy into that process.

We’re an absolute mess thanks to Kenwright, Moshiri and Usmanov.
It is a mess. My only comfort is that Dyche is in charge of the team. Would not want anyone else in our situation. I dont know how we will survive this mess though. Moshiri will cling on until the stadium is finished. Even more than BK my contempt for that cowboy is absolute.

So years ago then if the lad was any good he would have atleast impressed in the league is 25 now and has not kicked on.
And if he had kicked on he would be 50m rather than 10m. Lots of clubs look to buy very talented players that haven't kicked on in the hope that they can revitalise their careers. Yes, it is risky but the rewards can be excellent.

I just can’t believe people thought that Moshiri writing blank cheques with Usmanov’s money to write off losses every single year was a good thing and an actual sustainable business practice.
Well I expect everyone ( Including you ) just ignored and turned a blind eye to it, cos we finally had money coming in to our club to supposedly rebuild it.
And until Ukraine, when such a big deal was made over it. Why wouldn't it of been sustainable the way he was giving us the cash, eg Sponsorship deals, Stadium Naming Rights, Finch Farm. ladies Team...

Anyway I can't remember many people complaining and bringing up the subject before Ukraine..

Well I expect everyone ( Including you ) just ignored and turned a blind eye to it, cos we finally had money coming in to our club to supposedly rebuild it.
And until Ukraine, when such a big deal was made over it. Why wouldn't it of been sustainable the way he was giving us the cash, eg Sponsorship deals, Stadium Naming Rights, Finch Farm. ladies Team...

Anyway I can't remember many people complaining and bringing up the subject before Ukraine..
A good number of posters said all along that you cannot sustain what we were doing. Hiring bad managers, clueless people in other crucial roles, Overpaying massively for players, huge wages, long contracts with no long term plan. It wasn't that hard to see eventually that could not work .

Watford fans can’t stand Sarr and can’t wait to get rid of him. He cost them 30 million and some of them consider him their worst ever signing. If you ask them what he’s like, most of them will describe a lazy player with a bad attitude and limited ability.

I’m not a big fan of Demarai Gray but is Ismailia Sarr even better than him? I’m not sure honestly

And if he had kicked on he would be 50m rather than 10m. Lots of clubs look to buy very talented players that haven't kicked on in the hope that they can revitalise their careers. Yes, it is risky but the rewards can be excellent.

Watford fans can’t stand Sarr and can’t wait to get rid of him. He cost them 30 million and some of them consider him their worst ever signing. If you ask them what he’s like, most of them will describe a lazy player with a bad attitude and limited ability.
Agree just dont see the upside with sarr, i did with gray as at the price we got him at was more likely to make money on him. Is not worth risk imo