Summer transfer window 2023

Sarr meh he has pace and looked promising at first for Watford but has flattered to deceive for two seasons, we have been linked for at least two years so fits the clubs strategy of keeping a list of the same players. I suppose he's a right winger and we are desperate aren't we.

Oh and please do let us know, what mighty fine striker you're expecting to frontline our attack net season, given our situation...
I dont know mate, I always find this question a bit weird and ive asked it myself, but do you really expect me, just a normal footy fan who doesnt really watch a massive amount of football around the globe, you expect me to start naming a load of Strikers? When the list itself wouldnt be worth the finger energy I used to type it?

I liked the look of Boniface, he seemed a decent sort.

But I have had the chance to watch the fella at Leicester quite a lot and whilst hes clearly not rubbish, hes not what I consider a consistent goal scorer, for a club that needs goals, I would rather we went for somebody who has you know, maybe hit double figures a few times.

Goalscorers are a premium and not easy to find, especially for a club wanting to use klarna.

I did promise myself I wouldnt spend all summer calling everybody we were linked to gash, but its so god damn hard, we are linked to a load of average to bad players. But then, what kind of players does an average to bad football club buy.

Maupay was a 1 in 3 striker at Brighton and a 1 in 10 striker here. Do you think he just completely forgot whatever football he knew before? I’m not saying he’s Lewandowski but we made him look terrible beyond what he is.
Because we tried to use him as a replacement for DCL - A basic target man, which couldn't be further from his actual game-play..
But he is still pants however we would of played him.

I dont know mate, I always find this question a bit weird and ive asked it myself, but do you really expect me, just a normal footy fan who doesnt really watch a massive amount of football around the globe, you expect me to start naming a load of Strikers? When the list itself wouldnt be worth the finger energy I used to type it?

But I have had the chance to watch the fella at Leicester quite a lot and whilst hes clearly not rubbish, hes not what I consider a consistent goal scorer, for a club that needs goals, I would rather we went for somebody who has you know, maybe hit double figures a few times.

Goalscorers are a premium and not easy to find, especially for a club wanting to use klarna.

I did promise myself I wouldnt spend all summer calling everybody we were linked to gash, but its so god damn hard, we are linked to a load of average to bad players. But then, what kind of players does an average to bad football club buy.
Boniface and Gnonto are the only two players linked who have excited me at all. Doubt we get either.
Because we tried to use him as a replacement for DCL - A basic target man, which couldn't be further from his actual game-play..
He was a second striker with a 1 in 4 record in a very attacking passing Brighton team we don't play that way and shoved him up front. He was a really poor fit

That pienaar lad was awful after he flopped at dortmund right?
Not sure why you have said pienaar as he is twice the player sarr is. Also different players sarr game is all about pace. like others have said his attitude is meant to be bad. I could be wrong is just my view on him, i have no problems taking a player who has shown some ability and might have flopped at the club they are at at this time. Just dont think sarr is the right choice

Trust me , I've never liked/rated the bloke but at the end of last season when Vardy wasn't being played, and he actually got a proper chance, he actually looked alright for me, especially if we're looking at a back up/ cover for DCL.

If we weren't in the position we are, then no, his name still would not ever reach the thoughts of having him at our club..

I think you could call it 'Worried Desperation'

There was a time last season after Demari Gray disappeared and Dyche, commenting on his availability, said something like he's working on his role and the things we want him to do. I took that to mean they were getting him out of some habits of play and focusing him playing a central role with another forward. I really thought they were cooking up a striker pairing that would benefit Maupay, but it never happened. It maybe isn't the ideal scenario, but it seemed a good move for this squad at the time, and I'm still confused with the way Maupay has been used.

A good number of posters said all along that you cannot sustain what we were doing. Hiring bad managers, clueless people in other crucial roles, Overpaying massively for players, huge wages, long contracts with no long term plan. It wasn't that hard to see eventually that could not work .
Sorry' you've lost me there m8, what we did with the money and how awful we used the benefits this club had been crying out for, was plain to see basically from the start.
but that's not how I read the post..

There was a time last season after Demari Gray disappeared and Dyche, commenting on his availability, said something like he's working on his role and the things we want him to do. I took that to mean they were getting him out of some habits of play and focusing him playing a central role with another forward. I really thought they were cooking up a striker pairing that would benefit Maupay, but it never happened. It maybe isn't the ideal scenario, but it seemed a good move for this squad at the time, and I'm still confused with the way Maupay has been used.
Dyche used him so badly that he also lost any possible resale value.
Can't just blame Dyche tho, But I don't think lamps even liked the bloke and he didn't exactly play anyone well did he..