Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the general concensus amongst the majority of commentators/ experts.

One guy who I'm starting to warm to on SSN, who I used to think was an utter cockwomble, is Danny Higginbottom. He actually often makes a lot of sense and at least he isn't another biased RS. He said yesterday that if the window closed now then we've done the best business out of all the premier clubs, and I think from a squad point of view I'd agree.

Yup! Pickford, Keane, Gylfi and Rooney are solid business whilst Klasssen and Sandro a bit of a step into the unknown but both on the back of great previous seasons and young, hungry and technically sound.

Yup! Pickford, Keane, Gylfi and Rooney are solid business whilst Klasssen and Sandro a bit of a step into the unknown but both on the back of great previous seasons and young, hungry and technically sound.

Plus there were shades in thursdays game of what Klassen is capable of.

Dare I say Gabbiadini had that purple patch when he first came in January too. But hasn't scored in the last dozen games. Probs to early to call that one but there were certainly less blues fuming at missing out on him as the season wore on.

Was just chatting about him a few minutes ago. :)

Technically, the premier league is still very different to Europe, therefore the ideal squad will contain a mix of players suited to the epl and players suited to Europe.

For this reason, we are buying players who don't seem to fit in as they will be bought to focus on Europe while others are bought to focus on the league

As mental as it sounds that Fellaini shout is a good one. He is absolutely ridiculous at plucking the ball out of the air. His hold up and link play is fairly good. He gets a fair few goals too.
This will sound mad, but I'd seriously consider Fellaini if the price was right. With the lads we have around him I think he'd bring them into the game. Will be massively unpopular but would fit the profile perfectly.

I would have Fellaini back in a heartbeat.
A vastly underrated player who would bring something completely different to what we have. He is one of United's best players. I thought he was top class here.

I am interested to see how Benteke does today too. He always exploits Liverpool's weaknesses but will De Boar utilise him properly? He also has attributes we are lacking.

Technically, the premier league is still very different to Europe, therefore the ideal squad will contain a mix of players suited to the epl and players suited to Europe.

For this reason, we are buying players who don't seem to fit in as they will be bought to focus on Europe while others are bought to focus on the league
If you were going yo say a league that had the pace and tenacity of England but the technical aspect of European leagues, which league's players would you say probably would fit in to those two categories most?

If you were going yo say a league that had the pace and tenacity of England but the technical aspect of European leagues, which league's players would you say probably would fit in to those two categories most?
Not sure, the only leagues I watch regularly are England and Australia.

I would have Fellaini back in a heartbeat.
A vastly underrated player who would bring something completely different to what we have. He is one of United's best players. I thought he was top class here.

I am interested to see how Benteke does today too. He always exploits Liverpool's weaknesses but will De Boar utilise him properly? He also has attributes we are lacking.
If Palace try to play out from the back I can see them getting slaughtered.

Fellaini was always a handful when he pushed forward playing for us. He is good in the air and can hold the ball up. It's a better shout than some of the names so far mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.