Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Why would he bet Welsh ? I know its 2015 so Jones and Davies aren't the only Welsh names anymore but Sergi Roberto isn't as far as I am aware of Welsh descent. Catalan, Basque or Spanish I would suggest.

I can't tell if the joke has just soared over your head like an eagle or if you're messing

I would like to get people's opinions on whether we actually need a new attacking midfielder. I don't really want a fanboy/fifa silly season answer because they just like to see new exotic signings ala @skumar55 .

The way I see it, in the whole behind Lukaku, we could play Barkley, Osman and very likely our new signing Cleverly.

To me this looks looks like we have decent enough depth in this position. I know Osman is getting on, Cleverly is really an unknown variable and Barkley needs to rediscover the form of about 12-18 months ago, but maybe Roberto will think they deserve a crack.

Let me know what you think.

I would like to get people's opinions on whether we actually need a new attacking midfielder. I don't really want a fanboy/fifa silly season answer because they just like to see new exotic signings ala @skumar55 .

The way I see it, in the whole behind Lukaku, we could play Barkley, Osman and very likely our new signing Cleverly.

To me this looks looks like we have decent enough depth in this position. I know Osman is getting on, Cleverly is really an unknown variable and Barkley needs to rediscover the form of about 12-18 months ago, but maybe Roberto will think they deserve a crack.

Let me know what you think.
don't think it needs to be a strictly attacking midfielder but someone like Pienaar which Barkley doesn't have in his game at the moment for me. we struggled mightly when teams sat back against us so we need someone (regardless of their stated position ACM, winger, etc) who can break down a defense and play the creative balls need to spring Rom and others free on goal

don't think it needs to be a strictly attacking midfielder but someone like Pienaar which Barkley doesn't have in his game at the moment for me. we struggled mightly when teams sat back against us so we need someone (regardless of their stated position ACM, winger, etc) who can break down a defense and play the creative balls need to spring Rom and others free on goal

We need a playmaker, for when Ross isnt firing, Osman isnt getting any younger and I doubt The Clev is the answer.

We need a door unlocker.

Ok fair enough, do you think there is a chance that Martinez could try to get one more year out of Osman and Pienaar?

Has he explicitly stated that he wants to get in a new creative midfielder?

Ok fair enough, do you think there is a chance that Martinez could try to get one more year out of Osman and Pienaar?

Has he explicitly stated that he wants to get in a new creative midfielder?
its from the echo (full article:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-look-abroad-find-no10-9242727) but there is quotes at least
“It is difficult to find an English No10 because the upbringing is very, very different,” Martinez said.

“I feel we have put things in place in our Academy that mean we will see our own products in that position in the next four of five years, and I am excited about that.

“But it is true that if you look at every single team in the Premier League unfortunately, that player is someone who has had that upbringing abroad.

“At Everton, we are ready to produce our own who can fill that role but we will have to wait four or five years and it is exciting to see how that develops.

Status
Not open for further replies.