Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok fair enough, do you think there is a chance that Martinez could try to get one more year out of Osman and Pienaar?

Has he explicitly stated that he wants to get in a new creative midfielder?

He can try, but I honestly doubt they have anything close to a full season left.

Both should be able squad players tho.

The centre looks like this (in my opinion)

DM -- McCarthy / Besic
CM -- Barkley / Cleverley
AM -- ?? / ??

With each of the players actually able to play in 2 of the 3 positions.

Osman / Gibson / Barry / Naismith will all be used of course this season but i see the above 4 players being our main core.

We will need to add one playmaker here making a core of 5 players with them alternating positions and the 4 older heads rotating.

I would like to get people's opinions on whether we actually need a new attacking midfielder. I don't really want a fanboy/fifa silly season answer because they just like to see new exotic signings ala @skumar55 .

The way I see it, in the whole behind Lukaku, we could play Barkley, Osman and very likely our new signing Cleverly.

To me this looks looks like we have decent enough depth in this position. I know Osman is getting on, Cleverly is really an unknown variable and Barkley needs to rediscover the form of about 12-18 months ago, but maybe Roberto will think they deserve a crack.

Let me know what you think.

its from the echo (full article:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-look-abroad-find-no10-9242727) but there is quotes at least
“It is difficult to find an English No10 because the upbringing is very, very different,” Martinez said.

“I feel we have put things in place in our Academy that mean we will see our own products in that position in the next four of five years, and I am excited about that.

“But it is true that if you look at every single team in the Premier League unfortunately, that player is someone who has had that upbringing abroad.

“At Everton, we are ready to produce our own who can fill that role but we will have to wait four or five years and it is exciting to see how that develops.

He can try, but I honestly doubt they have anything close to a full season left.

Both should be able squad players tho.

The centre looks like this (in my opinion)

DM -- McCarthy / Besic
CM -- Barkley / Cleverley
AM -- ?? / ??

With each of the players actually able to play in 2 of the 3 positions.

Osman / Gibson / Barry / Naismith will all be used of course this season but i see the above 4 players being our main core.

We will need to add one playmaker here making a core of 5 players with them alternating positions and the 4 older heads rotating.

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen this before. I agree with you @Zatara , We really do need someone to fill that role for 80-90% of games and Osman and Pienaar are to old to be capable of doing it. If Martinez does not feel Barkley's future is in that role then I am all for splashing into the transfer market.

I would like to get people's opinions on whether we actually need a new attacking midfielder. I don't really want a fanboy/fifa silly season answer because they just like to see new exotic signings ala @skumar55 .

The way I see it, in the whole behind Lukaku, we could play Barkley, Osman and very likely our new signing Cleverly.

To me this looks looks like we have decent enough depth in this position. I know Osman is getting on, Cleverly is really an unknown variable and Barkley needs to rediscover the form of about 12-18 months ago, but maybe Roberto will think they deserve a crack.

just have a look at all 3's combined assist stats and there's your answer tbh. pointless having a predator striker who makes all the runs rom makes when you've got three behind him who barely ever create goals.

United fan I sit with at work says we are in for Rafael.

However, he's about as ITK as a sock so highly doubt there's anything in it.

hahahaha journo thinks up coleman to united (for the umpteenth time). thinks of possible swap to belittle everton - either a)valencia or b)rafael

i'll go with b this time.

united fan reads paper and says it's a rumour.

Personally I don't think we do need this fabled No10 as Deulofeu or Barkley can play that role but if the right player is available it might mean it make more sense although I do think it will mean someone leaves.

Sergi Roberto?

Actually linked?
He's been linked loads all this calendar year including recently however Enrique has said he doesn't want him to leave and sees him as part of his plans for the first 11. Roberto however is doubtful of the playtime when he's competing with Samper and Rafina as backup.

I think he'll leave in January however it's very unlikely he'll be allowed to leave this window. His reported release clause is too high for any club to activate this window since it's around 21m.

Personally I don't think we do need this fabled No10 as Deulofeu or Barkley can play that role but if the right player is available it might mean it make more sense although I do think it will mean someone leaves.
How many assists does barkley have over 2 seasons? he cant play that role
Ged, how many did he have last time he was with us?

We've needed a proper number 10 for many years, even in the moyes years we needed one many times

Just went back a few pages and also double checked I was in the correct thread, Marca claim both us and the redsh1te are in the running for denis cheryshev from Real. Would love him and GD on the wings.

I would like us to sign Mousa Dembele from Spurs. He can play deep or as a more attacking midfielder.

He's a tidy player but 3 goals in 84 PL games is a poor return, for the £10-12 mil Spurs would want I don't think he'd be good value.

Status
Not open for further replies.