Summer 2024 transfer thread.

As i just put in naother post Gana is the only one id consider an arugment for - Harrisons output has been pretty poor.
He hasn't been great but his workrate and defensive effort is important to the team and he has the ability to be effective going forward aswell its not that he's amazing but we would miss what he gives us and would need to find a way to replace it so he's not anything like the same category as most of the others.

I think their was no loan fee to Leeds which would have paid a substantial portion of his wages.

He was a more than useful squad member being involved in nearly every game since he regained fitness after arriving and if the same deal were available I think it would be well worthwhile but other than that I don't think we will see him back with us.

However, on a more general point I think we have to accept that all Premiership players are on high wages, if you want to sign them or want to keep them.

Our problem was we kept changing managers and kept signing players for each new manager for big fees and bigger wages.

It is the wages more than anything, as well as agent fees, signing on fees and compensation for sacked managers that has really screwed us.

[BOLD]The average net cost of player purchases minus player sales over the last number of years is not that high.[/BOLD]
+£75m since the 2021/2022 season (positive net spend in each individual season).

"Selling big and buying small since August 2021."

He hasn't been great but his workrate and defensive effort is important to the team and he has the ability to be effective going forward aswell its not that he's amazing but we would miss what he gives us and would need to find a way to replace it so he's not anything like the same category as most of the others.
We need more than just work rate though. I really respect players who put in the graft, i really do.

Look at the team at Luton, I have zero doubts that starting XI has been putting in their all every game. I have no complaints as a fan that's all you can ask for as a certainty. I just dont think he is involved in games at all. I think he has a fantastic left foot but is so inconsistent with it. It may be due to the tactics that negates how Dyche wants to play. We just need more, more technical ability. Just having two pacey wingers who are direct and can beat a man would really, really benefit us. McNeill is the same, works really hard, and does have some ability but does not show it often enough.

We need more than just work rate though. I really respect players who put in the graft, i really do.

Look at the team at Luton, I have zero doubts that starting XI has been putting in their all every game. I have no complaints as a fan that's all you can ask for as a certainty. I just dont think he is involved in games at all. I think he has a fantastic left foot but is so inconsistent with it. It may be due to the tactics that negates how Dyche wants to play. We just need more, more technical ability. Just having two pacey wingers who are direct and can beat a man would really, really benefit us. McNeill is the same, works really hard, and does have some ability but does not show it often enough.
Thats a different thing though we could improve on almost every player its not that Harrison is amazing its just that we would miss what he offers us and finding an improvement on that for no cost isn't going to be easy. I'm not saying we need to keep Harrison but your first post was saying we wouldn't miss him from the squad and we definitely would. Most of the others on the list don't really give us anything and so can be replaced easily but he does even if it isn't exactly what most of us would like.

Thats a different thing though we could improve on almost every player its not that Harrison is amazing its just that we would miss what he offers us and finding an improvement on that for no cost isn't going to be easy. I'm not saying we need to keep Harrison but your first post was saying we wouldn't miss him from the squad and we definitely would. Most of the others on the list don't really give us anything and so can be replaced easily but he does even if it isn't exactly what most of us would like.
I take your point buddy, but I just dont see it. He works hard, that should be mandatory and whoever we bring in, Dyche will ensure they're hard workers. So I dont think Harrison will be missed because at the very worst we'll get a hard worker to replace him.

Ideally, we want a hard worker who provides a good 7/10 for a lot of games and can contribute.

*Worth noting though, I do appreciate that how Dyche plays probably contributes to the fact he has little input as well.

There’s several positions that need addressing. Left back, right back, centre half, centre midfield, x2 wingers & a number 10.

We’ve got [Poor language removed] all money so some of them positions will need sacrificing. They’ll probably leave right back alone & maybe get someone on a free (Charlie Taylor?) as cover for Mykolenko.

Centre half will need addressing when Branthwaite goes, same with midfield for Onana & Gomes leaving. I think you HAVE to extend Gana & bring in another midfielder as a minimum.

If Harrison is available for another loan, it’ll be stupid not to keep him around & use the little money we’ve got to try and address another winger (PACE PLEASE) and desperately a number 10 (Calum O’Hare?)

Either way there’ll be loans, frees galore.

It looks as if the three teams that came up are all going down again. There may be some bargains there.

For those saying we should not be looking at relegated players I would say that some excellent individual players could be included in a poor team. A few weeks ago it seemed we might go down and our team contains one of the most highly rated young centre halves in the game.

People need to have a look at the league table, at the moment that is the market we are shopping in.

Lonergan doesn't really count as hes the obligatory older 3rd keeper who basically just a coach and training support.

Yes if we took 8 players out of the squad we'd miss them, but individually i dont think we'd miss, only person I'd hear arguments for is Gana, but that's accepting he's going to be another year older as well and can be a bench player at best (in general).

Harrison wouldn't be missed. His output has been extremely poor.
Young has been useful, but not particularly great. Godfrey has done just as good as Young has done when filling in.
Danjuma hasnt had a sniff
Gana - see above for my thoughts
Gomes - barely had a sniff, not anywhere near a dyche player
Alli - say no more.
Coleman -while it would be sad, i think his time us up this summer. Cannot stay fit.

Disagree personally mate, bar Longerman and Dele, id be staggered if we brought 6-8 in. Think there is every possibility we could start next season with a weaker squad.

It looks as if the three teams that came up are all going down again. There may be some bargains there.

For those saying we should not be looking at relegated players I would say that some excellent individual players could be included in a poor team. A few weeks ago it seemed we might go down and our team contains one of the most highly rated young centre halves in the game.

People need to have a look at the league table, at the moment that is the market we are shopping in.
Adebayo and Doughty from Luton would be very good signings. Maybe Odobert from Burnley as a young player who offers something different compared to what we have now. Not seen anyone from Sheffield who looks remotely good enough for this league.

Adebayo and Doughty from Luton would be very good signings. Maybe Odobert from Burnley as a young player who offers something different compared to what we have now. Not seen anyone from Sheffield who looks remotely good enough for this league.

Adebayo is bang average who looked alright in a rubbish Luton side.

Doughty is a decent footballer who goes forward well in a system that’s completely different to ours, that system also conceded 45,000 goals this season.

Adebayo is bang average who looked alright in a rubbish Luton side.

Doughty is a decent footballer who goes forward well in a system that’s completely different to ours, that system also conceded 45,000 goals this season.
Adebayo is miles better than Beto and on the season better than DCL as well. Hed at least offer some real competition and would also suit Dyche. I’m plenty confident Doughty is good enough. They’re both also realistic targets which is an important thing for us at the moment

I can't believe there are people out there who think our squad will be stronger next season than this season.

We have zero money. And our books are a shambles. We have debts to pay, and virtually no owner right now.

We need a miracle