Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Id be surprised if Seamus goes again mate, i think hes done.

Would love to be proved wrong, but ive seen the writing on the wall.

Hasn’t managed to put many games together at all has he. Although as a cheap squad option and for his dressing room influence, I’d give him a final year.

Keep an eye on Hamer at Sheff Utd at the weekend. I think they paid £15m for him from Coventry last year so not out of our range and his wage is unlikely to be high at Sheffield. 4 goals and 6 assists is not bad in a struggling side. Could be a lot less in transfer fee and wages that we'd have to pay for Harrison who hasn't impressed me this year - far too predictable in cutting back on his left foot all the time.
It would be a lot of money for somebody of his age and record still you should be able to find that level of player for cheaper really.

Hasn’t managed to put many games together at all has he. Although as a cheap squad option and for his dressing room influence, I’d give him a final year.

Id keep him at the club mate, hes done his badges and all.

I just think his injuries have caught up with him and hes struggling now at this level, not getting many games this season is telling to me, id like to see him go out on his shield, be interesting to see if he starts Vs Sheff Utd.

From a totally ruthless point of view, i think we've a decision to make, i think its an area we may need to invest as Patterson isnt ready and we need a starting right full.

Don't get me wrong, Seamus has been incredible and i love and really appreciative all he's given the club, he's been pure gold, but even this year may have been one to many and prob a labour of love for him.

Wholly expect, Charlie Taylor to come in for support for Myko.

Id keep at the club mate, hes done his badges and all.

I just think his injuries have caught up with him and hes struggling now at this level, not getting many games this season is telling to me, id like to see him go out on his shield, be interesting to see if he starts Vs Sheff Utd.

From a totally ruthless point of view, i think we've a decision to make, i think its an area we may need to invest as Patterson isnt ready and we need a starting right full.

Dont get me wrong, seams has been incredible, but even this year may have been one to many and prob a labour of love for him.

Wholly expect, Charlie Taylor to come in for support for Myko.
Agree with you on taylor on a free and is an actual lb just makes sense to me to be a backup nothing special but can do a job

Another Fullback who doesnt know what a cross is, he sounds right up our street.
More that he is free has experience hopefully low wage and gives us more money to spend on wingers. I would want better but think the club will be after a starting rb, cant see us spending money on a lb aswell

I’ll plump for an underwhelming left back loan instead of Taylor. Van Aanholt. Can fill Ruben Vinagre’s boots.

Fair play mate. You are probably better at scouting than the actual everton scouts
That's the problem mate, i'm no stat nerd scout it was just such a blindingly obvious transfer to make at the time. Just straight up horrific lack of scouting that Everton didn't look at him considering he only had a silly low release fee around 7mil and ticked multiple boxes.

I think we do, 8 players, id be stunned if we bring in 8 players. Only really Dele and Longerman didn't contribute to the first team.

Lonergan doesn't really count as hes the obligatory older 3rd keeper who basically just a coach and training support.

Yes if we took 8 players out of the squad we'd miss them, but individually i dont think we'd miss, only person I'd hear arguments for is Gana, but that's accepting he's going to be another year older as well and can be a bench player at best (in general).

Harrison wouldn't be missed. His output has been extremely poor.
Young has been useful, but not particularly great. Godfrey has done just as good as Young has done when filling in.
Danjuma hasnt had a sniff
Gana - see above for my thoughts
Gomes - barely had a sniff, not anywhere near a dyche player
Alli - say no more.
Coleman -while it would be sad, i think his time us up this summer. Cannot stay fit.