Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Hes on a 4 year deal and i know weve backended his transfer fee but in theory its £3mil a season. Sign another couple like him for a similar fee and we may not even touch £10mil a season on the transfer fees.

Thats less than Gomes & Dele's wages.

As for example a 3 year stopgap we could bring him in as well as another Chermiti/Branthwaite type signing so we have the short term and long term benefits.

Also a youngish player with some experience in the league may soak up £20mil+ in transfer fees.

Id welcome Ndidi and Barkley for 3 seasons.

I think Dyche will have a specific plan for him if he did return.

Whose Cartagena?

Its been hinted that his contract there is more than 1 season and he has a £4mil buyout. No idea whats true.

Adams would come into the Doucoure role i expect. Would we want that or prefer McNeil, Chermiti or even Dobbin in that role or rotating between them?

Walker Peters just turned 27 and I believe Thelwell has said we wont pay money for 27+ age players. I think for his fee & wages we could find an u23 player for a lower cost and higher upside.

My suggestions would be:

Kayode (Fiorentina)
Gray (Leeds)
Santos (Lille)

Not an expert on any of them and probably unlikely deals to say the least.

Mate, this stuff about bringing in Gray from Leeds, not going to happen, same as Summerville, they both will command big fees

We are unfortunately no longer Billy Big Bollox with money, more Oliver with the begging bowl, plus the PSR stuff

With losing so many players at the end of their contracts plus probably Branthwaite plus Onana we will be adding more Ashley Young type players to the squad as stop gaps on short term deals, plus Harrison type loan deals.

These lists are just dreams that won't happen, put yourself out of your own misery and accept the fact, where we are now is where we will be next season with a smaller points deduction.

Unless 777 gets jibbed and there is someone else that Tim Cahill is brokering from Qatar as a replacement who can fund what we need

The big money from Jarrod and Onana will be used to service debt, with a small bucket of around 20 million for targeted players from Thelwell (bloke from Blackburn 28 and one good season, guy from Hull) plus one other Chermiti style signing