Homepage Update: Stones tells Everton he wants Man City transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
He left one club to come to another one why are people annoyed he's moving again? He didn't enjoy playing here last season, and I don't blame him. He'll move to a club with better chance of winning trophies, he'll play under one of the best managers in the world in a club with an amazing infrastructure and back room staff.
I'd love it if he was Everton through and through but he's not, and that's fine. I hope he turns into the player he can be, because it'll be a fine player, and I really wanted that to be at Everton. I have no ill will to him and it's frankly bizarre if any adult fan does.

most of his last ditch defending which he is praised for is because he's either out of position or given the ball away in the first place

Couldn't have said it better myself. How about we just take the 50 mil and spend half of that on two defenders that dont make stupid mistakes. Two 10-15 mil defenders are worlds better then one John stones and his last ditch slide tackles that give away pens in the extra time

Couldn't have said it better myself. How about we just take the 50 mil and spend half of that on two defenders that dont make stupid mistakes. Two 10-15 mil defenders are worlds better then one John stones and his last ditch slide tackles that give away pens in the extra time
Not sure what you get for 10-15m in today's market but I take your point. Yes, we could probably get two "off the shelf" defenders but I believe that in the long term Stones will be a class player. He will improved defensively with experience, especially under RK, but you cannot teach most defenders the composure and ball skills that he also has in his repertoire.

If you're not buying into where this club is going now then you're not worthy of the jumper.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Not sure what you get for 10-15m in today's market but I take your point. Yes, we could probably get two "off the shelf" defenders but I believe that in the long term Stones will be a class player. He will improved defensively with experience, especially under RK, but you cannot teach most defenders the composure and ball skills that he also has in his repertoire.
Don't you think all of our long term projects are in our front third? I'm no koeman, but I expect he wants a good balance of experience and youngsters. With Del Boy, Ross and rom (maybe jimmy Mac) put under the label of 'future stars' don't you think that's enough for a club looking at top four? Look at the champions league contenders, the teams are majority established players with maybe one or two youngsters, probably coming off the bench (bar athletico lol). For me, I'd prefer the experienced heads in the team from back to front. Solid and experienced back four and gk, then your young stars further up the pitch. Put it this way, you make a mistake up front, you throw away possession, you make a mistake at the back, you throw away the game. Last season we had 4 experienced internationals across the back... Coleman, jags, Mori, Baines. And off the top of my head I don't remember them making any really bad mistakes, the mistakes stones would make once or twice a game. Sorry for the long rant, I just hope a world class defender like koeman doesn't go with another kid this season.

Could someone please explain what the kid has done to warrant a 50 mil price tag? He sat on the bench most of the season because he couldn't break into the 11? The only way I would want him to stay is if Ron give him a crack in midfield, give him half a season and if it doesn't work ship him off. Pep must've missed some of our games last season... He can be replaced very easily, just like he was last season by Mori, for like, 3 months... Do I know more bout football then pep and Jose?? No, I don't. Did I see a 10 mil signing play over stones most of last season? Yes, I did. This 50 mil will be even sweeter when he gets dropped and sold to qpr in 2 years time

Nail on head.

The John Stones Delusion is the Everton equivalent of The King's New Clothes....:blush:

Take the big money now, then buy him back for a fraction of the cost once warmed City's bench for a few seasons and still be young and good enough top offer something.

Win, Win, Win!!!!

He's going to be boss. Had hoped he'd be our next captain but it's not to be.

50 Million? Yeah very good money but he's going to be boss and its going to be guttering that he's progressing away from us.

Remember when he said he wanted to be our next captain too?

He left one club to come to another one why are people annoyed he's moving again? He didn't enjoy playing here last season, and I don't blame him. He'll move to a club with better chance of winning trophies, he'll play under one of the best managers in the world in a club with an amazing infrastructure and back room staff.
I'd love it if he was Everton through and through but he's not, and that's fine. I hope he turns into the player he can be, because it'll be a fine player, and I really wanted that to be at Everton. I have no ill will to him and it's frankly bizarre if any adult fan does.
I wouldn't say it's bizarre for any adult fan to have no ill will towards him.

Football is a game that involves huge emotions. When a player disrespects the club we love two seasons on the run, then people will feel ill will.

Personally, I now hope he doesn't turn into the player he could have been. Why would I want Man City to benefit from that?

good luck to him,could go on to be a really good player, needs to learn to defend first then play football after.
has he got the temperament to cope with the Hugh fee , and everything he does being under the microscope not to sure, if City put he along side a old head then he might flourish , not remotely bothered if he goes as long as we get a decent fee.

Don't you think all of our long term projects are in our front third? I'm no koeman, but I expect he wants a good balance of experience and youngsters. With Del Boy, Ross and rom (maybe jimmy Mac) put under the label of 'future stars' don't you think that's enough for a club looking at top four? Look at the champions league contenders, the teams are majority established players with maybe one or two youngsters, probably coming off the bench (bar athletico lol). For me, I'd prefer the experienced heads in the team from back to front. Solid and experienced back four and gk, then your young stars further up the pitch. Put it this way, you make a mistake up front, you throw away possession, you make a mistake at the back, you throw away the game. Last season we had 4 experienced internationals across the back... Coleman, jags, Mori, Baines. And off the top of my head I don't remember them making any really bad mistakes, the mistakes stones would make once or twice a game. Sorry for the long rant, I just hope a world class defender like koeman doesn't go with another kid this season.

I get the point your trying to make but your missing out the gk. He was a experienced premier league and international gk and he made plenty of mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.