Stoke v Everton 1st Jan 2014 @ 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most teams, including us, do a lot of pulling/pushing/blocking in the box from corners , I wish the refs would clamp down on it.
Some of our reputation is ill deserved. Didn't think we were dirty today. If anything I thought Baines went down a bit too easily. no complaints about the penalty - we shot ourselves in the foot.

I think the Prem elite who play " the game the right way" are over hyped. Dare say that your great rivals were robbed by Chelsea , if you saw the game on Sunday - Chelsea, particularly Eto and Terry were brutal/cynical - but because the media were not looking for it , it went largely unnoticed. Stoke do not have any divers , but admittedly players like Adam need to clean up their game in respect of late tackles - and as a fan I wish he would.

Ive stopped waiting for Kev to become brilliant and settled for the fact he is just an okay to good player.

We can get better out there.

You pointed to his performance today as evidence that people have been wrong to criticise his recent performances. You completely ignored the fact that in other recent games he has played as a DM and today he played as an ACM. You missed the point of the recent criticism.

Every time he has been used in DM recently, he should have instead been at ACM with Ross moved back to DM alongside one or other of Barry and McCarthy.

The only thing you got right was the observation that we have very few options in central midfield.

Sorry youre wrong.

My point was about the level of abuse. Ive watched the games...i know his flaws and have seen his disappearing performances.

This is the squad we have. Support them. Fine if your not happy when Ossir starts in CM but some of the abuse levelled at hin is ridiculous. This fuming in general is completely ridiculous. But as I said..hope you enjoy it :)

Just got in, disappointed with the result, but made up we got the equaliser in the end. Not the worst result. It's not the easiest place to go. Absolute sh*thole as well.

Mirallas was really quite terrible.

Lukaku was, if possible, even worse. Touch of an absolute rapist.

Happy with Barkley though and Osman absolutely ran the show when he came on, much like he did at Villa. Well in Leon.

So who do you support? b)

HA+i+see+what+you+did+there+_2f493c614985187026aef57cfb57c583.gif

I see what you did there.

I think a few posters around here have to learn to respect opposition teams, no matter who they are, where they are in the table and their history

If fans in general are thinking that way I hope the players and coaching staff are not also veering down that road.

The only thing that will get a top 4 finish is continued excellence and on and off the field

Not a bad point considering it was the 3rd game in 7 days for many of the players. No wonder most of them looked knackered. The NYD fixture is often 1 too many.

I've only just got in, went the pub and the chippy first. I thought Stoke looked more controlled and relaxed on the ball and in possession, they played it around nice sometimes.

Everton took a while to get going and to me didn't look up to it. There never looks like there's ever any support for players in the final third, no one moves quick enough and the play stagnates. We wasn't good enough and were lucky to get a draw. It was definitely a pen but I though we were second best most of the game. Too many times we give the ball away when we wasn't even under pressure.

Lucky to draw, Stoke will be disappointed.

Players who I thought played well: Barry, McCarthy, Osman, Barkley, Alcarez done alright and Stones seemed to do ok apart from his headed clearance, which he couldn't really do much about.

Let's put some perspective up on here.
Stoke have an excellent home record and the adverse weather conditions suited their style of play,more so than Evertons.
Chelsea lost at stoke with a side costing hundreds of millions more than ours.(fact)
We should have won and by some margin,we didn't, so get over it !

Lukaku needs the ball in front of him, either from crosses being put in from the byline or a fe of jags long balls over the top

Check Bobby's reaction: ;)
[video=youtube;F_JySy_brsE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_JySy_brsE[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.