Standing at aways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said earlier, I'd rather stand. Some people behind me wouldn't necessarily agree.

Exactly.

It's not a dig at standers, just those that feel everyone should stand up or they won't enjoy the game.

I always think the atmosphere in the pub and on the train/coach is better anyway.

Tbh if the person in front of you stands up and you want to sit then you dont see the game. So it's not really that simple. You've either got to have standing sections or ALL standing or ALL seated.

I go on a few message boards of other football teams, and the only other club that seems to have a similar situation to Everton on this subject (many wanting to stand whilst many others would rather sit down) is Sunderland.

Sunderland even have this issue at home games, and their stewards have started video recording all the Sunderland fans who stand up throughout their home matches. Anyone found to be standing throughout the match is getting hit with a temporary ban from attending home matches, and they’re being warned that it will become a permanent ban if they continue to stand.

I go on a few message boards of other football teams, and the only other club that seems to have a similar situation to Everton on this subject (many wanting to stand whilst many others would rather sit down) is Sunderland.

Sunderland even have this issue at home games, and their stewards have started video recording all the Sunderland fans who stand up throughout their home matches. Anyone found to be standing throughout the match is getting hit with a temporary ban from attending home matches, and they’re being warned that it will become a permanent ban if they continue to stand.

That seems a bit draconian. Especially when they're one of the club who bangs on most about how pubs showing the 3pm games is affecting their attendances.

I'm one of the miserable crowd who go every away game, who can't be arsed standing.

If everyone wants to stand that's fine but it's not for me now, them days are well gone. I love sitting on my arse watching the game.

Sometimes I can't be bothered even standing up when we score.

I'm one of the miserable crowd who go every away game, who can't be arsed standing.

If everyone wants to stand that's fine but it's not for me now, them days are well gone. I love sitting on my arse watching the game.

I'm with you. The cheerleaders do my head in.

I'm with you. The cheerleaders do my head in.

Is right, im not arsed either way if I have to stand or sit, its the option of the fan paying his rip-off ticket price what they want to do.

I cant stand the ones who moan at people who want to sit and watch the match.

I maintain as well, if you want atmosphere, lower prices, it has NOTHING to do with whether you stand or sit

Should just an ALL seated part or just an ALL standing section.
Its ridiculous, against the likes of Wigan home, people like to sit. However, if someone is standing infront of you then you wont be able to see so you need to then stand.

Park End tend to sit (when i've been here)
Ive noticed alot Park End are were all the alcys go (get in the ground late or just dot on 3pm)

No problem sitting at home

Away though it makes a massive difference.

We and Wigan must be the only fans that sit away.

Shocking

There's loads of clubs in England and Scotland exactly the same as Everton re this subject. Even clubs you wouldn't expect to be.

The for and against arguments are exactly the same as well.

It goes to show how similar fans in all clubs are. There's different types of fans within each club and they can be found in every club if that makes sense!

Sing an Everton song.
Now stand up and sing it again.
Did you sing louder?

If yes, you're trying too hard to prove a point you melt.

Status
Not open for further replies.