Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Lou

Player Valuation: £750k
Kirkby Discussion is locked under further development.

EvertonNewStadium2_468x351.jpg

Please keep any discussion related to Goodison Park or Evertons proposed Kirkby move here. All other threads will be locked. Cheers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I post on here that much about the stadium I may aswell start my own thread.. ;)

The new financial report is up...

[media]http://www.knowsley.gov.uk/resources/228322/FinancialStatement.pdf[/media]It says that Evertonians are expected to pay for Matchday Parking, that Everton will pay £78million towards the stadium and that there is a £52million shortfall.

Does anyone with enough time on their hands care to read all that and summarise the main points?

New ground!

Looks like we ain't going then. If if costs that much. How could we justify paying that much for a ground when we need a decent squad first. Surely we could develop Goodison for much less and keep every one happy. Every little helps! Just not Everton.:huh:

Ball is rolling Vijay I believe the reconstruction of Goodison is a dead issue. Joe Royle even mentioned the need to move to newer diggs. The ultimate cost can be amortized over a lengthy period. Everton should be a going concern for years.

Oh jeez, another report to peruse over. Honestly, the argument over this stadium has rolled on for that long now that its becoming extremely tiring. I just cant wait until a decision has been made....one way or another

BTW, apart from the bit that said Evertons projected contribution will be circa £78 million, I couldnt make much of that. Anyone who has the time who can summarise all that will be much appreciated;)

I am confused Mr Wyness has already confirmed at a meeting that we are liable for any shortfall on the build if so surely our input has to be over £100 million if so I'm scared I admit to not wanting Kirkby but have reluctantly tried to look at the best scenario if we do actually go (remember the dock ) Some one please put me straight as a financial genus I'm not.:huh:

He is probably out nailing Nicole Kidman or Kim Basinger or Katie Holmes. Whatever multi-billionaire tycoons do these days.

Summary of points..

Everton's contribution is expected to be £78million
There is a shortfall of £52million that will come from somewhere somehow

The cost of the stadium had risen £40million since last year

Everton can only afford it if they take on a mixture of:

*Long term bank debt
*Syndicated debt
*Private Equity Funding
*Securitisation of future income streams
*Securitisation of new stadium naming rights
*Realisation of existing assets

The cost of the stadium will rise by #6million if the secretary of state call the project in. Thats excluding the cost of fitting out the stadium.
The cost of the retail park will rise by #15million if the secretary of state call the project in

Everton are expected to sell all their non-playing assets to move to the stadium including Goodison Park, Bellefield and Naming Rights.

The aim is to deliver what can be regarded as an iconic and attractive yet highly functional ‘mid- level’ football stadium.

They say Goodison Park has had it's day.

They say that there's no alternative site because Liverpool FC couldn't find one in 2001, despite one of the clients listed on the first page agreeing that Scotland Road was viable (WSP Engineers).

EFC need to move in for beginning of 2010/2011 season otherwise the Kirkby 'dream' is over.

If no more retail partners can be found then the stadium size will have a reduced capacity as there will not be enough enabling funds to build a 50,000 seater.

TK Maxx & Marks and Spencers have already agreed to move to Kirkby if it remains as a large retail park.

They say it is a high risk; The Development Appraisal also reflects the developer’s profit, normally calculated as a return on cost. The appraisal currently shows a return of 10.25% which DTZ would suggest is below the level that would normally be considered as acceptable for a scheme of this profile and risk level.

Evertonians will be expected to pay the club for match parking for park and ride.

Tesco have announced three changes to the stadium plan today.. They are saying it's because of resident's concerns but it's a load of nonsense. No resident will complain about park and ride service or an underground car park surely. It's more likely they are cut backs as part of the rising stadium cost.

The stadium is being moved to a slightly different location
Some of Park and ride system has been replaced by a park and walk system
The underground car park is no longer to be built underground

Last edited:
Summary of points..

Everton's contribution is expected to be £78million
.....and later
Thats excluding the cost of fitting out the stadium.

Lou - I know that the above were not in consecutive sentences but it prompts the question as to whether the £78m includes fit out or is in addition to? If additional to, then anyone remember the cost of the fit out? (Sorry for being lazy but I know that you'll have the answer in your head.)

Status
Not open for further replies.