Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been impressed with Jonas every time I've seen him.

Honestly thought he'd be too good for us...but now I'm not sure! We're pretty boss these days.

And 'My Name Is Jonas' is a brilliant song by Weezer.

Here's a video of him scoring a load of tap ins:

[video=youtube_share;z1edkXfK6bg]http://youtu.be/z1edkXfK6bg[/video]

Seriously. Who makes these?!

Been impressed with Jonas every time I've seen him.

Honestly thought he'd be too good for us...but now I'm not sure! We're pretty boss these days.

And 'My Name Is Jonas' is a brilliant song by Weezer.
Yeah he's scored literally every time I've watched him. Which means [Poor language removed] all as I've watched him twice.

Need a striker and a playmaker/cm imo. Outside of lukaku barry and McCarthy we have very little dept in those positions.

06set2013---steven-defour-comemora-depois-de-marcar-para-a-belgica-contra-a-escocia-pelas-eliminatorias-da-copa-do-mundo-1378498268608_1024x735.jpg

167795057-1-4687160.jpg

These two please...

Players worth considering, imo:

Donovan is still a quality and clever player that I think would provide great service for Lukaku. It would also mean that Bobby has the choice of selecting Donovan, Mirallas and Deulofeu for right midfield, and Donovan, Barkley and Mirallas for second striker. He can also play as a striker if needs be.

Tom Ince. He clearly has quality and will be available at a knock down price as he only has six months left on his contract. If we bought him for 5 million this January, I reckon he would be worth about 10, 12 or 15 million in a few years time.

A great central midfielder: We already have two good central midfielders but we need a third one in order to increase competition and allow for injuries. We still lack creativity in CM, so a creative central midfielder would be ideal. Fernando only has six months left on his contract, so a discount is likely but he will still be expensive, plus he is another defensive central midfielder. A very expensive, unlikely and possibly unpopular option would be Cabaye from Newcastle. He supposedly wants a move to the likes of Arsenal or United, but I can't see them going for him.

Lescott: His best days are behind him but he still has a few years left. He only has six months left on his contract so he wouldn't be expensive, but if he moves he will most likely want first team football as he still has hopes of gatecrashing the world cup squad. Can play left back and could decrease our vulnerability from set pieces. Could provide adequate cover for our two centre backs.

We clearly need another striker but they come at a premium and getting one during January will prove very difficult. I think we might be best waiting till the summer to solve that issue. It might be worth taking a look at Remy in the summer, his record for Newcastle this season has certainly been impressive this season.

Possible outgoings that will bring in some cash and/or free up the wage bill:
Baines (15m)
Jelavic (3m)
Heitinga.

This forum will be the worst if we sell Baines and buy no one because we are buying Lukaku in the summer. For 3 months people will lose their minds.

Players worth considering, imo:

Donovan is still a quality and clever player that I think would provide great service for Lukaku. It would also mean that Bobby has the choice of selecting Donovan, Mirallas and Deulofeu for right midfield, and Donovan, Barkley and Mirallas for second striker. He can also play as a striker if needs be.

Tom Ince. He clearly has quality and will be available at a knock down price as he only has six months left on his contract. If we bought him for 5 million this January, I reckon he would be worth about 10, 12 or 15 million in a few years time.

A great central midfielder: We already have two good central midfielders but we need a third one in order to increase competition and allow for injuries. We still lack creativity in CM, so a creative central midfielder would be ideal. Fernando only has six months left on his contract, so a discount is likely but he will still be expensive, plus he is another defensive central midfielder. A very expensive, unlikely and possibly unpopular option would be Cabaye from Newcastle. He supposedly wants a move to the likes of Arsenal or United, but I can't see them going for him.

Lescott: His best days are behind him but he still has a few years left. He only has six months left on his contract so he wouldn't be expensive, but if he moves he will most likely want first team football as he still has hopes of gatecrashing the world cup squad. Can play left back and could decrease our vulnerability from set pieces. Could provide adequate cover for our two centre backs.

We clearly need another striker but they come at a premium and getting one during January will prove very difficult. I think we might be best waiting till the summer to solve that issue. It might be worth taking a look at Remy in the summer, his record for Newcastle this season has certainly been impressive this season.

Possible outgoings that will bring in some cash and/or free up the wage bill:
Baines (15m)
Jelavic (3m)
Heitinga.

Lescotts finished

Seen a bit of luc castaignos this season, would be awesome in a martinez side. Still young, abar 6,2, fast, strong, skillfull, think we were linked with him a few years ago when he was with inter and the ****e have been linked with him recently

Status
Not open for further replies.