Should Moyes be in charge for the last two games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'll be between him & Bill, if they announce he's joining Man U at the end of the season tomorrow, I think his position is untenable personally & he should clear his locker in the morning. Shame if it ends that way really, but that's how it'll have to be.

I just don't understand why this had to be done now? Before our season finishes and we still have something relatively minor to play for.

Little bit disrespectful IMO.

He might as well finish off the season, its two games, what is the point of leaving he has done over 10 years. He might as well get a real sending off from the fans. Love of hate him, when he came to us we were 6 places from the bottom, now we have been finishing 6 places from the top. Good luck to him, I think its a bigger loss for everton than a bigger gain for utd
Quite right we wil show class,like we always do

Fergie still going to be in charge of utd for the last 2 games. If moyes announces he's going come season end I see no reason why he can't finish the last 2 games.

The players certainly will still give there all and moyes being the man he is I'm sure will too.

Is he going to be in the stand at Stamford Bridge tonight? If he needed to go to London to talk to Kenright and not to Chelsea (our last oppos this season). I doubt the speculation will continue through to the weekend anyway and I doubt Moyes is the sort of guy to hang around - he left Preston when we came calling and he's sure to do the same if United get him. Why would anyone expect any different?

As soon as anything offical comes out Moyes should not come near the first team again.

Completely agree. Either he says its rubbish and stays or he's sent away from the club.

His behaviour in stringing out the contract situation has been unforgivable

I don't think so.

Many of us put the New Year slump down to the emergence of the "contract negotiations" issue which reared its head in January and the seaon started going south.

Those of us whom pointed out this self evident truism were derided and told it made no differemce.

We now know that it made a tremendous difference as the manager's mind was elsewhere, because negotiations for this ascent to the OT throne didn't just start this morning with the Fergie announcement.

IMO they have been ongoing for several months now to the detriment of Everton FC.

Moyes unsettled the club in the midst of what was looking a very promising campaign.

This is now irrefutable.

But it appears a done deal now and I for one feel relieved that is is all but over and I look forward to next season with a great deal more enthusiasm than I was twenty four hours ago.

There is one matter I think should be cleared up, though.

It's obvious David Moyes's mind is a million miles away from Everton right now and I don't think he should be involved in theam selection or tactics for our final two games.

Let Sheedy and Stubbs pick the team.

I think that would be a bit of fun.

what was this New Years slump you speak off? We was unbeaten in January. Also everton should never be classed as a bit of fun. I think after all his great service to this great club he should see out his final 2 games so we can say thanks to each other

Last edited:
The idea of a send off is a strange one in a sense. I tend to agree he should receive a good send off from the fans as he has given 11 years to this club and put us back towards where we all want to be albeit with no trophies to show for it. It seems a bit strange though to clap and cheer somebody who will no longer be part of the future of the football club and is moving on to join another team in the same league as us. Not to mention the way he has strung us along these last few months. The two don't go together.

Moyes should never have been allowed into our ground ever again after he sacrificed a derby game because he was worried about Sunderland.

He certainly shouldn't be allowed in now he's going to the mancs.

Let's hope kenwright's following him out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.