Should Moyes be in charge for the last two games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khalekan

Player Valuation: £80m
I don't think so.

Many of us put the New Year slump down to the emergence of the "contract negotiations" issue which reared its head in January and the seaon started going south.

Those of us whom pointed out this self evident truism were derided and told it made no differemce.

We now know that it made a tremendous difference as the manager's mind was elsewhere, because negotiations for this ascent to the OT throne didn't just start this morning with the Fergie announcement.

IMO they have been ongoing for several months now to the detriment of Everton FC.

Moyes unsettled the club in the midst of what was looking a very promising campaign.

This is now irrefutable.

But it appears a done deal now and I for one feel relieved that is is all but over and I look forward to next season with a great deal more enthusiasm than I was twenty four hours ago.

There is one matter I think should be cleared up, though.

It's obvious David Moyes's mind is a million miles away from Everton right now and I don't think he should be involved in theam selection or tactics for our final two games.

Let Sheedy and Stubbs pick the team.

I think that would be a bit of fun.

As soon as anything offical comes out Moyes should not come near the first team again.

May as well if it's just speculation and he isn't announced as United manager until possibly after the season finishes.

If it's announced that he's going to United then I'm not sure. Probably not.

Put big dunc in charge and wait for the fireworks when he meets fsw at the bridge

We need to beat West Ham to be certain of finishing above Liverpool. I wouldn't start tinkering with anything yet.

He might as well finish off the season, its two games, what is the point of leaving he has done over 10 years. He might as well get a real sending off from the fans. Love of hate him, when he came to us we were 6 places from the bottom, now we have been finishing 6 places from the top. Good luck to him, I think its a bigger loss for everton than a bigger gain for utd

What slump though? We've won 10, drawn 6 and lost 4 since January compared to won 9, drawn 9 and lost 4 before January.

We've done better since than we did before. 1.8 point a game rather than 1.6 points.

If nothing is announced between now and Sunday, it will be the worst kept secret in football. Sunday's game will be like a circus. The atmosphere will be abysmal, fans will be getting on Moyes back. We will get beat and there will be no lap of honour.

I've seen enough of Everton over the years to know that we aren't the type of fans to hold a 'Thank you Moyes, good luck at Utd' parade and show of support.

The club may be run small time these days, but a lot of our fanbase still have their pride, see us as a big club despite our lack of wealth, and will not be happy at all to see Moyes taking the step up from us.

If Moyes is who Utd want, and they must know now and he must know now - come on, we're not stupid - he should just go now. Best for all concerned.

Phil Neville caretaker till end of season. He was practising wearing his suit near the dug out in the last few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.