Should Martinez still be manager for the FA Cup Semi Final?

Should Martinez be manager at FA Cup semi final?

• Yes

Votes: 99 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 846 89.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only slim chance we have left of winning on Saturday is [Poor language removed] him off within the next 24hrs. The players clearly don't believe in him so if he's gone they may decide they want to actually try and play football

It's not gonna happen though cos' Kenwright is shitless

Agreed with you say everything until you said that Kenwright is shitless

I would argue that he is full of the stuff mate :p, the entry point is his ear where Martinez has been having a word.

joking aside we need Morshiri to just say to Kenwright " Sit down lad I'll handle it from here" and put us out of our misery

There's no way he'll be sacked before the game. If the players don't want to play for him they should at least have some pride and play for the fans.

while i want to see nothing more, does anyone realistically believe this will happen before saturday? Colin Murray LAUGHED at the idea on talksport. as has everyone I've mentioned it to (in fact they think its ridiculous we want him gone at all)

Roberto Martinez vowed to repay Everton’s fans for a ‘horrible’ derby defeat when he takes his side to Wembley on Saturday.

Wednesday’s 4-0 defeat to Liverpool was a miserable evening for the Blue side of Merseyside.

As well as the heavy defeat to their local rivals, Everton lost John Stones andGareth Barry to fresh injury worries and Ramiro Funes Mori to suspension.

Liverpool were on top in the first half but it looked like the Blues would make it to half time with the score at 0-0 - only for the home side to strike twice in quick succession before the break.

Martinez said: “Nobody deserved to experience that - no fan or player deserved to be in that situation or chain of events. We need to move on quickly and repay our fans with a proper performance and showing in the semi-final of the FA Cup.

"That game is so close to us that I don’t think we should dwell on this one for too long because you have to focus on Saturday. It was a horrible experience for everyone connected to the football club.

“We need to regroup and make sure we have that opportunity to give the fans what they deserve - a chance to get in the final.

“It was a game that probably changed on the two actions that we didn’t defend well enough in the period before half time. Clearly we lost concentration. For the first 40 minutes we had a different focus, a different way about us. We gave them a soft cushion of two goals that just before half time was a massive blow.”

The Everton manager said he believed Mori’s tackle on Divock Origi was a result of the emotion of the derby - before admitting the game was over as a contest after that incident.

He continued: “We tried to regroup and the first action is the red card. From that point on the game becomes a non-event and a horrible, horrible experience especially with the big game we have around the corner.

“Ramiro tries to win the ball, that was his intent. He doesn’t try to hurt the player or contact the player. It is a mis-timed challenge - it could have been a yellow card, it could have been a red card. I can understand why the referee gave it. Probably Ramiro got carried away with the emotion of the derby.

“Everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. At half time we lostGareth Barry through injury and then John Stones falls victim to illness with some stomach cramps. We already have Phil Jagielka injured in that position and we ended up with two midfielders in those positions.

“It’s Gareth’s groin so he is very doubtful. He felt it very close to half time so we’ll see the extent of it. Maybe he came off at the right time.”

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/04/20/derby-reaction
JUST DO ONE YOU ABSOLUTE CLOWN

LEAVE

while i want to see nothing more, does anyone realistically believe this will happen before saturday? Colin Murray LAUGHED at the idea on talksport. as has everyone I've mentioned it to (in fact they think its ridiculous we want him gone at all)
Would that be Colin Murray the raging Kopite mate?

We all wanted the RS to keep Rodgers....funny that

All of us blaming Kenright, but would this decision now fall at Moshiri's feet as the major shareholder?

Either way just get him sacked asap ffs

After Moshiri took over he witnessed P6 W0 D3 L3 F2 A9 in the league. No sane boss will back Martinez.

joking aside we need Morshiri to just say to Kenwright " Sit down lad I'll handle it from here" and put us out of our misery

This ^

Kenwright seems to have pulled off his best bit of work to date by matching us up with Mo but the biggest, boldest thing he can do in his early tenure is get rid of this tit masquerading as a Premiership manager

He's not going by Saturday now that's pretty obvious if we lose to utd then I'm pretty sure he will be sacked considering we have nothing left to play for in the league.

I was actually genuinely surprised at the bellend Danny Murphy saying that we needed a change and he could see the attraction for Mourinho to come to our club, "a different challenge where he could build a dynasty without the crazy pressure".

While i normally completely disagree with everything he says... he spoke sense about that, and the reasons it could potentially happen.

Roberto saying what we are all thinking...

giphy.gif

Wonder why he laughed...ffs

I guess we all have to resign ourselves to the fact he'll lead the team out at Wembley.
Win and he's here till the end of the season.
Lose and in my opinion, he'll be gone on Monday and an interim appointment made, probably David Unsworth, as there's no way he can be in charge against Bournemouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.