Shareholders Association force EGM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Catterick

Player Valuation: £500k
EFCSA website reporting that they had delivered the necessary document to Goodison Park yesterday and that the company now have 21 days to call an EGM which must follow within day further days. Therefore such a meeting must take place on or before 25 June 2013. Could be an interesting meeting!

And no doubt Kenwright will bring along the new manager, perhaps unveiling him around the time period of the meeting, so that the hard-questioning that the EGM demands is somewhat overshadowed by the novelty of the new manager being in place.

I think it will still firstly offer a forum for that hard questionning and secondly may cause some of those questions to receive a wider airing in the media.

Can someone explain what an EGM is? Only a youngen, I don't have a clue.

Emergency general meeting. Usually called when something very important needs to be discussed. Annual general meetings are held, as expected, at the same time each year, only the club's hierarchy did away with them a few years back because they didn't like the questions they were being asked.

Banned the AGMs. But enough of the other shareholders got together to force the EGM. The board can't ban those.

Right, nice one. First one in 5 years i've read, surely this is just as a result of the manager leaving, i would have expected this to happen anyway.

It's too much of a coincidence that the new kit will be unveiled at 8am the morning after the EGM. Classic distraction tactics.

Right, nice one. First one in 5 years i've read, surely this is just as a result of the manager leaving, i would have expected this to happen anyway.

It's not mate, the shareholders association have been pushing for an EGM for the last 18 months. The vote/mandate was done late in 2012, well before any speculation about Moyes leaving started. It took an age to get the voting verified, as the club has had to be dragging basically kicking and screaming into this, having repeatedly turned requests for an AGM.

The Shareholders Association have urgent questions they want answered about the running of the club, how the board operates, what board members are actually doing, what plans are on the table to take the club forward etc. They can only discuss these things as listed on the agenda for the meeting ahead of time, and the position of manager - although likely to be referenced briefly towards the end of the meeting (it wouldn't shock me at all if Kenwright brought Martinez along to the meeting as a 'look at the shiny object!' type distraction/attempt to overshadow things) - wasn't on the agenda agreed for discussion, having been a very recent issue.

It's not mate, the shareholders association have been pushing for an EGM for the last 18 months. The vote/mandate was done late in 2012, well before any speculation about Moyes leaving started. It took an age to get the voting verified, as the club has had to be dragging basically kicking and screaming into this, having repeatedly turned requests for an AGM.

The Shareholders Association have urgent questions they want answered about the running of the club, how the board operates, what board members are actually doing, what plans are on the table to take the club forward etc. They can only discuss these things as listed on the agenda for the meeting ahead of time, and the position of manager - although likely to be referenced briefly towards the end of the meeting (it wouldn't shock me at all if Kenwright brought Martinez along to the meeting as a 'look at the shiny object!' type distraction/attempt to overshadow things) - wasn't on the agenda agreed for discussion, having been a very recent issue.

Nice one. If Bill is majority shareholder what impact can the other SH have? I appreciate the pressure on him is there.

Additional shareholder questioning should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.