2023/24 Sean Dyche

My take:

The club should still be looking ahead in the summer and, at the very least, be 'scouting' for the next potential Everton manager + coaching staff.

Dyche will likely get next season and I certainly don't begrudge him that, but his target now will be to hit the top half of the table playing a bit more expansive football in the process. I really don't think that's an unfair expectation - he's been here nearly 18 months now and his second summer is coming up.

I congratulate him on a job well done with safety ensured with games to spare, but next season he really aught to be taking the next step up if he wants to remain here heading into BMD.

You just believe in your own head wjat you want. So what happened after he got Burnley 7th ?? They fell
Like a stone and got relegated a few years later. Proving that season was a fluke

And If dyche is so much better than potter and De zerbi why wasn’t he head hunted at Burnley, even when he got them 7 the top clubs weren’t interested. And then he was sacked and sat on his hands for 12momths
While potter went to Chelsea and de zerbi will go on to much bigger clubs than Brighton and Burnley.

No club with ambition will go near a dyche,
Because of the dog and duck style of football, Everton wouldn’t have gone near him if we were just a decently run football club
Ha mate you are so full of it!! It proves absolutely nada! Did you understand what happened at Burley after they finished 7th. Takeover, masses of debt seling Dyches best players and replacing them with poor ones. Was onky going to end one way whoever was the manager.
Funny when someone does well its a fluke and when they do badly its because they are rubbish.

Seeing that talked as negative and lucky to have a low injury list, but I think it's also to acknowledge the work medical staff and coaching staff in terms of load control. We haven't played as many games as the top teams, but we all know Dyche isn't known for big rotations in 2-3 games a week.

We all know Dyche's emphasis to have a team with good fitness (which it would be more in the tactical area), his style is quite intensive, (we are 4th at covering distance in the league). You see barely us having no energy in games, or players having crambs, more tactical instructions to bring over the line, worked and failed I know...

I believe apart from Patterson, Danjuma, Coleman, Gomes and Dele, we mostly only had players out for 1-2 games. Sorry if I forgot someone.

In the end, thanks god we have been low on that in our thin squad, wouldn't imagine to have something like Brentford or Newcastle. We have enough to worry about in the club.

DCL is a good example to at least finally stay fit. I believe the set back were also from playing him too early in the last 2 seasons.

Preseason I would have taken 10-14th and a 10 point improvement over the season before. Ignoring the PL’s attempts to sink us, that is what he has delivered.

I’m satisfied but hardly ecstatic.
I don’t think you can ignore the leagues attempt to sink us though, even from a points perspective

There’s no way we would’ve played how we did mid-season against Palace, West Ham and Fulham for example if we weren’t terrified of going down and desperate for points. We had that little run over Xmas time where we played city and spurs twice each and didn’t pick up many points and we all got twitchy because Luton were the best team ever and were going to catch us and the atmosphere was pure fear.

I think without that fear of going down we’d have taken even more points this season. We don’t keep possession because we play direct but at times we’ve played some decent stuff. Remember the ole’s against Newcastle before Beto’s goal for example.

Ha mate you are so full of it!! It proves absolutely nada! Did you understand what happened at Burley after they finished 7th. Takeover, masses of debt seling Dyches best players and replacing them with poor ones. Was onky going to end one way whoever was the manager.
Funny when someone does well its a fluke and when they do badly its because they are rubbish.
You need to get your facts right mate
The summer after finishing 7th their biggest sale was Sam vokes. They brought in 8mil and spent 33. Following summer brought in 13mil spent 23mil
Ok 35mil spent over 2 yrs is not a lot of money but let’s not pretend he had to sell his whole first team and replace them with free’s and loans to help your argument 🤣🤣🤣🤣

My take:

The club should still be looking ahead in the summer and, at the very least, be 'scouting' for the next potential Everton manager + coaching staff.

Dyche will likely get next season and I certainly don't begrudge him that, but his target now will be to hit the top half of the table playing a bit more expansive football in the process. I really don't think that's an unfair expectation - he's been here nearly 18 months now and his second summer is coming up.

I congratulate him on a job well done with safety ensured with games to spare, but next season he really aught to be taking the next step up if he wants to remain here heading into BMD.
I think Dyche's point average has been 47,5 over a season in these 15 months here. 65p in 52 games.

The problem will be, we can't do a West Ham thing with selling Rice (in our case maybe Branthwaite) to use the money to get 3-4 key improvements to make the squad clearly better and maybe even aim for that area. Rather we will lose quality.

Confirm the result, maybe expense the play style and increase scoring output, could be.

My take:

His task for me is to keep us out of the relegation zone all next season and the season after that. With no points deductions I'm confident of that.

My take:

Its a very unfair and unrealistic expectation. Verging on deluded. I expect we will be selling in the summer and buying very little. More chaos next season with ownership and points deductions. So with an even weaker squad i expect more of the same, definitely not expansive football with the same (minus a few of the better ones) group of brainless players.
Ill.be pleased to make it to BMD in the PL considering the headwinds and if we do hes done a very good job. Some say thats me setting the bar low, i say its just realism for where we are and knowing the decades of work and good fortune to be anywhere near even competing regularly for Europe. He
First thing that need to change is fan

You just believe in your own head wjat you want. So what happened after he got Burnley 7th ?? They fell
Like a stone and got relegated a few years later. Proving that season was a fluke

And If dyche is so much better than potter and De zerbi why wasn’t he head hunted at Burnley, even when he got them 7 the top clubs weren’t interested. And then he was sacked and sat on his hands for 12momths
While potter went to Chelsea and de zerbi will go on to much bigger clubs than Brighton and Burnley.

No club with ambition will go near a dyche,
Because of the dog and duck style of football, Everton wouldn’t have gone near him if we were just a decently run football club
I do believe Mr Graham Potter esquire has now been unemployed for 12 months since his demise at Chelsea…maybe he’s not the messiah either.

My take:

I think context is important here.

I could accept top half being a target if Dyche is backed in the summer.

If he isn't backed and we instead need to sell our better players to survive and are reliant on loans, frees and bargain basement signings then I think setting a target of top half is probably unfair and I'd be happy with a similar sort of 45 points-ish return.

Its a very unfair and unrealistic expectation. Verging on deluded. I expect we will be selling in the summer and buying very little. More chaos next season with ownership and points deductions. So with an even weaker squad i expect more of the same, definitely not expansive football with the same (minus a few of the better ones) group of brainless players.
Ill.be pleased to make it to BMD in the PL considering the headwinds and if we do hes done a very good job. Some say thats me setting the bar low, i say its just realism for where we are and knowing the decades of work and good fortune to be anywhere near even competing regularly for Europe. He
First thing that need to change is fan
Mate if we keep getting points deductions then we may as well just pack it all in..

My observation is obviously assuming that we don't get hit with more deductions next season....

Mate if we keep getting points deductions then we may as well just pack it all in..

My observation is obviously assuming that we don't get hit with more deductions next season....

You're also overlooking our dire financial situation and the likelihood that we will lose one or two of our better players this summer. If we start next season with a weaker squad than the one we finished this one with, I'm not sure I can understand where the belief that we should be kicking on next season comes from.

Unless there is a material change in our financial situation, I can only really see consolidation as a realistic target.